Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Sun May 30, 2021 4:25 pm

Here there are idnetical forces standing against each other:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffpr2rk57c2av ... y.png?dl=0

Still the odds of success is not 50%

It has been mentioned that attacked gets penalty (during discussion of shuttles) and that penalty would have been negated by tech and/or shuttles

Can we please have indication of the penalty graphically in this summary if so?

Same for tech description if there is any lifting it (I hope shuttles do that to make more sense using them instead of Boarding Module) - can use the same visual indicator as on the summary

If the entire concept has been scrapped and there is no penalty then might be a bug though

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon May 31, 2021 8:43 pm

There is something definitively wrong with Tinkers at Hard difficult (maybe also on nromal but is not the obvious there):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vurbcso4tg1dx ... e.png?dl=0

Looking at their science progress from turn 0 they have an abnormal spike their far overshadowing any other nation
For one I assume Hard difficulty still grants extra science to the AI factions from the getgo but the amount given to the Tinkers might be applied wrong

These guys should be technologically impaired (no science for harmonised pops and whatnot) and gifted in labor but they have been pumping out advanced tech easily overhadowing even the Orthin

Either the initial tech bonus is off for them and that provided the necessary steam to kepp their advantage way into turn 200 or there is a constant tech bonus applied to them each turn which I suppose was not intended

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:02 pm

CTB error save sent: game_10027

Based on the error message might have something to do with "chibi" pops changing status

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Here is an invasion result: attacked is the AI and the losses and captures seem a bit odd:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksujualuligp2 ... t.png?dl=0

Seems like all the denefind brigades threw up their arms and in the air and surrendered except for 2 Tresher brigades who stood their ground

Now difficulty is Hard but I am not sure this is a balancing logic in favor of the AI as on Normal I rarely get invasions from the AI but the proportion of losses seem quite steep as I seem ot recall that each attacked is calculated sequentually and only once so facing a larger defending force should result in a draw at best?

But if the attackers are cycled through more then once, it seems unlikely that not once did they suffer casualties wtih the attackers negative modifier

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:25 am

Viscid currently benefit from Cloning and Longevity technologies. This obviously makes no sense. Perhaps we are unable to successfully exterminate the Viscid, but nobody would be offering them cutting edge medical care. (Leaving aside, for the moment, how incredibly irritating the current model for the Viscid is.)

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:52 pm

Honestly, I genuinely believe that the best solution for the Viscid (if they are to stay in the game in thier current form) is to give them the sterile trait so they never grow.
That way they behave like a negative planet trait (-pop capacity, -food) rather than being an all consuming horror show of frustration and workarounds.

I've been playing with this change for a while and it makes the slime planet much less of an issue - especially for early game Humans.
It also helps the AI somewhat as that will never take any precautions against slime, and so always ends up with a useless overrun world.

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:29 am

Why everyone hates Viscids so much? They are funny pets, and one infested planet isn't hefty loss for interstellar empire with dozens of colonies. I'd rather invent some unorthodox use for them - like Brain Slugs (tm), enhancing other pops once infected with.

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:09 am

The only way to deal with them is to metagame: either you
  • Ignore their planet entirely
  • Settle it to max capacity instantly so the viscid population cannot grow
  • Give it to an enemy empire/let an enemy empire settle it so that you can destroy the population through orbital bombardment

None of those actions feel good to use. They're all contrived and artificial. Gamey.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:06 pm

During refit, the top option in this menu (cannot capture it) will always refet ships to their scout design:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p57h4riis10e ... t.png?dl=0

This is the same issue as when instant refit is selected but there is a drop-down selection option there to change from Scout to Light Cruiser variant
In cae of the above there is no way to change what is considered as the latest design and thus the option cannot be used for Light Cruisers and in similar scenarios where there is a scout variant

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:59 am

zolobolo wrote:During refit, the top option in this menu (cannot capture it) will always refet ships to their scout design:

Can confirm this happens to every ship 'class' which has multiple designs (either default designs or player created).
The quick refit button on the planet queue will only show the refit option for the 'latest' design.
Given the limited space, ideally this would refit to the latest ship of the same name - so scout cruiser or light cruiser etc.

-----

A minor oversight with splinter colonies.
When you discover a splinter colony and fight off the guarding pirates, you usually recieive a note from the colony telling you "thanks for saving us" etc., and you will then get a +10 modifier in diplomacy with that colony.

But there's a chance that when you clear the pirates you will instead get a message along the lines of "how dare you! we had a good deal with those guys" and if you then choose the non-violent option you still recieve the +10 "thanks for saving us" modifier in diplomacy, when you probably shouldn't.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:24 pm

All the factions on the map got visible at the end of a turn without apparent reason: game_10059
Most of the factions are far away as well so there is no way they could get in contact with the player so early

Remember seeing this bug once years ago but cant recall if it was resolved back then

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:22 pm

This is not necesseraly a bug but seems like allies inherit the open ports agreements of allied factions
For me it would seem logical to only inherit the range of the faction one is allied with similarly how other treaties treaties are not inherited either such as research, trade agreements or even alliances)

So I guess that this is an unintended bug and inheritance of open ports agreements to third party allies was not intended with the concept

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Little oddity in tactical combat: it's possible for hangar bays to get negative amounts of fighters! The trick for that is to have some of them destroyed in combat, and then more of them destroyed by battle damage to the hangar.

As you can see, this marauder base has lost three bombers and all four interceptors in space battle, and then battle damage to the hangar has destroyed two more bombers and one more interceptor, giving it a new sum total of -1 of each...

Battle damage to the hangar bays probably shouldn't be able to destroy fighters that aren't in there.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:27 am

zolobolo wrote:This is not necesseraly a bug but seems like allies inherit the open ports agreements of allied factions
For me it would seem logical to only inherit the range of the faction one is allied with similarly how other treaties treaties are not inherited either such as research, trade agreements or even alliances)

So I guess that this is an unintended bug and inheritance of open ports agreements to third party allies was not intended with the concept

Alliance includes the benefit of Open Ports, so if that's what you mean, it's intended and not a bug.

gaerzi wrote:Little oddity in tactical combat: it's possible for hangar bays to get negative amounts of fighters! The trick for that is to have some of them destroyed in combat, and then more of them destroyed by battle damage to the hangar.

Thanks for the report!

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:05 pm

zolobolo wrote:All the factions on the map got visible at the end of a turn without apparent reason

Not 100% certain, but this might be because one of the AIs has met everyone and started off the council stuff, and everyone gets set to 'contacted' so there's no weirdness about voting for mysterious unknown parties etc.

Return to “Testing”