I just got through my third game (huge/sparse/human/hard) and wow, am I impressed! Wanted to drop by on the forums to say thank you Sven and Arioch!
for the wonderful game you've made, as well as drop off my notes on what (mostly minor and trivial) issues I found in this and prior games that I remembered to take a note of. Sorry if some of these are repeats from what others have said earlier, but looking quickly, I doubt everything is
Bugs (And "Quirks"; some of these are are super trivial quality-type things easily fixed)--
- When the "hide obsolete" option is selected, the quantum generator remains even after black hole is researched
- If you own an outpost on a gas giant, then the option to turn the giant into an artificial planet is grayed out; you must first scrap the outpost in order to be able to convert, which seems unnecessary
- The mouseover tooltip to create an artificial planet when the remaining spot(s) is/are taken by a gas giant says it's not available, even though it's clickable (and makes a nice large artificial planet )
- "Artificial Planet" is 1 letter too long to be a custom name; when editing the name away from it, the 't' is immediately removed and cannot be re-added (unless naming is canceled by hitting escape, or just you know, not clicking the name in the first place). Maybe up the custom name limit for planets by 1? Kerning and name length seems to be a known issue though
- If a shipyard or other orbital facility is captured while attacking a planet, but the planet is not successfully invaded on that turn, the orbital facilities are scuttled on the following turn; no dismantling for tech/resources allowed. Intentional?
- When ending a turn with planets not assigned production and tech tree completely researched, the notification/"Are you sure?" message will claim to start work on labs but actually build factories/others instead
- If a planet uses >1000 metal/turn, the text runs over into the coin section
- Similarly, when using a high production world to repeat transports or something similarly cheap, the notification of "has completed: transport, transport, transport....." etc can run very long and look kinda ugly (runs underneath the buttons of zoom to, change production)
- It is possible to instant-buy an item for negative money (though still nominal metal) when overflow wrenches are greater than the wrenches needed to produce the item
- Instant buying a planet's production that has 1 turn left (hey, I'm an optimizer alright?) will sometimes not properly update on the left list of planets; it'll still show as partially dark-orange, when otherwise if multiple turns are bought out it'll show as fully bright orange
- When transporting a colonist via civilian transport, mousewheel to zoom in/out doesn't work (annoying on larger maps)
- The notification bubble for when the tech "Ansible" is researched, has an underlined fleet command range hyperlink that goes nowhere
- Repeat order doesn't work with right click, though it may as well since I keep right clicking it by accident trying to add it to queue
- Occasionally a single planet tasked with research (out of many that are) gets an "unable to continue research" message on a turn that has the 2-beaker research notification pop up; not sure what the triggering factor is that causes it though, whether it's researching multiple techs in a turn or just having multiple techs queued. Don't think it happen every time either :/
I started taking notes mid to late game; if this is of any help, I'll probably be starting a new game soon and can grab more from early-game situations if you'd like. Once again, thank you!