Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Arioch

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm having the same problem. It's obviously related to the recent DLL changes.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Arioch wrote:I'm having the same problem. It's obviously related to the recent DLL changes.

:oops: I can't replicate it on my 'dev' machine. Looks like I'll need to download a fresh copy off the beta server -- there are too many things I may have experimented with in my current local tests. Hang on a moment...

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:27 pm

sven wrote:
Arioch wrote:I'm having the same problem. It's obviously related to the recent DLL changes.

:oops: I can't replicate it on my 'dev' machine. Looks like I'll need to download a fresh copy off the beta server -- there are too many things I may have experimented with in my current local tests. Hang on a moment...

Ok, I think the issue should be fixed as of r20329. Thanks for the testing help.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 am

game_3741: Pell being reported as militia for the defense of Pell despite 'Pacifist' trait.

halftea

Postby halftea » Thu May 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Might just be me, but every planetary assault report has "2 Mechanized Brigades Destroyed" - regardless if there are anything there or not. Happens both to player and AI owned worlds. If actual Mech Brigades are there, it lists them separately.
Attachments
pre-bombing.JPG
Before bombing...
pre-bombing.JPG (62.67 KiB) Viewed 20711 times
Single bomb.JPG
After a single bomb...
Single bomb.JPG (80.31 KiB) Viewed 20711 times
Last edited by halftea on Sun May 21, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 19, 2017 3:11 am

Heya folks, fired the game up for the first time in a while to scratch that better-than-MOO itch again : )

Refiting ships with science stations causes their output to be provided immediately.
Build r20298, Steam

Marathon speed, 500 stars, Humanity. Because of course Humanity!

Behavior: Researched Xenology and refit the starting heavy cruiser to have two Science Stations on it. They began generating science immediately, despite the ship still being under refit. I tried sidelining the project entirely and confirmed that the ship still made science even while not being worked on.

Expected: Inactive vessels under refit do not provide their benefits to the player.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 19, 2017 4:05 am

Unable to buy a farm on a low fertility world on Marathon speed setting
Build r20298, Steam

Behavior: The Tutorial/Guide text for the humans suggests that you buy a farm so your people don't starve if you first landed on a low fertility world. Unfortunately, on marathon the costs are high enough to preclude doing that.

On normal and epic you get 200 starting cash and buying a farm costs 50 wrenches / 150 gold [1].
On marathon you get the same 200 starting cash but buying a farm costs 75 wrenches / 225 gold.

Starvation will take 250,000 per pop unit, per turn, rounding up. And you will lose money every turn unless you send out a freighter. So the winning combo here was colonize, start a farm, land a pop unit, and send out now-empty freighter to get slight income [2]. Two turns of starvation while working on the farm gives you a million lost souls but brings cash up to 206 and cost of the farm down to 204, enabling you to buy it.

Expected: I'd generally expect that game speed choices would not result in a large difficulty bump. It's not necessarily a bad thing, initially skipped over this then came back to test it because the fact the tutorial/adviser hints told me to buy a farm made me think it wasn't intentional.

[1] On epic research seems scaled up by about 50%, but production looks the same as normal. Tooltip suggests both should be slowed.
[2] Tool tips say need 2 systems to trade. Apparently Fargone the outpost counts as a second system for this purpose. Intended?

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 19, 2017 4:44 am

Standard windows keyboard input commands do not work as expected or at all. Allowed to paste invalid data into text and cause crash.
Build r20298, Steam

Behavior: Ctrl-V pastes what is in the clipboard into the game, if possible. If not possible, it crashes. Attempting to paste a picture of Johnny Carson from the clipboard into the system rename dialog for "Mongolia" and triggered the crash associated with "game_3838". Pasting in a copy of the Stars in Shadow desktop shortcut triggered the crash associated with "game_3839". Unicode seemed to work fine. Not that you can see unicode, but it doesn't crash it and provides selectable/deletable question mark characters instead of doing something bizarre with it.

Tried the Carson paste into save dialog and produced the same result. Uploaded as "game_3840".

Ctrl-C copies the system name in its whole into the clipboard. This might make sense, you can't highlight the text so taking it all seems reasonable.

Which leads to, you can't highlight the text, so clearing the system name is slightly longer than it has to be. Shift-Home doesn't select it all for rapid deletion by typing over the top of what is there. Perhaps if the first character entered was 'backspace' it should clear the whole name?

Home and End on their own don't bounce to start and end of the input box either, selection aside.

Enter confirms your choice, and Esc cancels the changes and puts the name back the way it was. Clicking outside of the box ALSO confirms the change, which I'm not sure is intentional. Would generally expect that not affirming is the same as canceling my changes.
Last edited by mharmless on Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 19, 2017 5:12 am

Star Harpies show a crew strength of -65535 when inspected from the starmap.
Build r20298, Steam

Star Harpy stat block from map view.PNG
Star Harpy stat block from map view.PNG (220.14 KiB) Viewed 20756 times

Uploaded as "game_3841". I'll check them in combat when I get a chance.

Edit: Same in combat.
Last edited by mharmless on Fri May 19, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 19, 2017 6:04 am

Hyperspace Metrics research text disagrees with Star Drive research text
Build r20298, Steam

Behavior: The blurb when you discover Hyperspace Metrics (for Humans at least, can these differ per race?), says "Warp lane speeds increased by 50 percent."
Hyperspace Metrics tech itself says it increases strategic speed to 1.1 parsecs.

The previous movement tech is the starting one, Star Drive. It says that it increases strategic speed to 0.8 parsecs per turn.

Expected: The blurb from completing the tech should be in agreement with the tech itself, one way or the other.

Edit: Hyperspace Beacons blurb says "Warp Drive range increase from 2 to 4". Tech itself just says increases to 4.0 parsecs. Prior tech, Star Drive, says strategic range is 2.7.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 19, 2017 6:29 am

Derelict colony notification appearing twice for same world?
Build r20298, Steam

Uploaded as "game_3842". System "Grefia 1018", just cleared out the harpies and got to see the planets. Two derelict colony notices fired for the same world, the large garden world. There are two notification icons next to the star system, but only the third planet is mentioned by both notices and only the third planet has a derelict colony icon. Have previously found derelict colonies without seeing a double notification, so doesn't seem to be a general case issue.

Edit: After settling the system and later returning with a scout ship, the 'Derelict Craft' event fired for the scout. Presence of second event possible reason for double fire?

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 19, 2017 7:10 am

Graphical display bug in the planetary summary screen of a colonized world, overlapping elements. Also shows in windowed mode.
Build r20298, Steam

Behavior: The window containing the text description of the planet, races, facilities, etc, has two decorative elements that overlap each other and make a darker opacity line running up the entire length of the window. First noticed this at 16:10 aspect (1920x1200), but also see it in windowed mode. Noticed we can't arbitrarily resize windowed mode, and I'm not sure what aspect it is using by default.

Here is the bottom of a normal looking version of that window, from an uncolonized world:
Planetary info screen overlap - should look like.PNG
Planetary info screen overlap - should look like.PNG (15.53 KiB) Viewed 20754 times

Here is the top and bottom of the window. You can see the brighter blue strip running top to bottom, visible even in the open background of the window. It looks like the / part is underneath the ¯¯¯¯\ part of the decorative element, which should be farther to the right in the first place. I have placed the bottom defect over the top of the 'We Made It' system to highlight the opacity difference.

Planetary info screen overlap - defect top.PNG
Planetary info screen overlap - defect top.PNG (26.13 KiB) Viewed 20754 times

Planetary info screen overlap - defect bottom.PNG
Planetary info screen overlap - defect bottom.PNG (15.84 KiB) Viewed 20754 times

Expected: I would expect that the shrunken form of this window would be squeezed equally from both left and right, such that the /¯¯¯¯¯\ element's parts would be centered on the navigation arrows and not clip each other.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat May 20, 2017 1:01 am

Stars in Shadow fails to move audio output to new default audio device while old one exists, but _will_ move to old non-default audio device.
Build r20298, Steam

Behavior: Stars in Shadow plays out the system's default audio device, and will only move output if the device it was using is disabled/removed. After being forced to switch in this way, it will go back to the old device as soon as it is available again.

Example: Built in audio device with speakers, USB microphone with headphones. USB Mic is the default when it is plugged into the system, otherwise the built in audio device is.
1) Start SiS without the USB mic/headphones, sound plays out speakers. Other applications also play out the speakers.
2) Plug in USB mic/headphones, other applications move to the new device, SiS continues to play out of the speakers.
3) Disable the speakers in windows 'Playback Devices'. SiS moves audio to the USB device.
4) Reenable built in audio device, SiS moves audio output back to it even though it was already playing on the system's default output device.

The reverse also holds true, start game with USB -> Speakers -> USB again. Although in that case it is accidentally following the behavior of other applications as the USB has primacy.

Expected: Since audio output isn't selectable in game, I'd expect it to always follow the default system output device, whichever that is.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat May 20, 2017 2:20 am

Faction summary hides information freely given during trade negotiations.
Build r20298, Steam

Behavior: The diplomatic summary card contains ??? in place of certain information such as metals, money, and planets. Those three items at least are given away for free anyway in the trade negotiations panel.

Expected: Information is either accessible or not, instead of accessible one way and not the other.
Eventually they always tell me their secrets.PNG
Eventually they always tell me their secrets.PNG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 20731 times

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat May 20, 2017 3:05 am

Enslaved Orthin are incredibly stoked about focusing on research they don't get to do.
Build r20298, Steam

Behavior: Orthin slaves get +20 morale for a colony focusing on research with flavor text "We can focus full time on our research work!"

Expected: Slaves don't produce any research, presumably these guys shouldn't be so stoked about all the research they aren't getting to do. Side note, freeing them gave +5 morale for being their liberator, and -10 for buying Orthin slaves in the first place. The enslaved version didn't care about buying slaves. Just noting it, not necessarily saying should change about that part. There's something to be said for being mad about fueling those markets in the first place, even if you just free your 'purchases'.
Maybe they like to watch.PNG
Maybe they like to watch.PNG (944.1 KiB) Viewed 20731 times

Return to “Testing”