Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
bjg

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby bjg » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:50 am

Phidi's Torpedo Destroyer does not have any torpedo mounts.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:27 am

Uploaded "game_5509"
More of a question than anything, I never saw the same race declare war on another faction of the same race before.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Captainspire wrote:Minor graphical issue: One direct prerequisite for Bio domes is Fusion, but there is no branch from fusion to them.

Because there are a lot of cross-links that span the entire tree, it would be a mess to draw links for some prerequisites that are more than a certain distance away, which is why we have the little "additional prerequisite" icons at the upper left of some tech cartouches.

habitat_domes_prereq.jpg
habitat_domes_prereq.jpg (99.41 KiB) Viewed 19900 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Status report of battle extending outside of its intended space and overlapping with Close and View buttons - see picture

This is not a new issue and it seems to be popping up mostly in case of Marauder battles due to their long designations
Attachments
Battle status screen.JPG
Battle status screen.JPG (183.6 KiB) Viewed 19886 times

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 pm

It seems like the peace with a Heralt does not prevent Harpies raids. Harpies aren't too devastating and relatively easy to beat, but what is the purpose to research Hyperspace Anomalies and talk to a Heralt than? :?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:11 pm

I might have already mentioned this before but why does the production value decrease to 0 when converting to a project?
The value is useful to determine what to do with the planet and is also still considered correctly in the prosecution list, so it is obviously still there and not messing with other systems.

Would it lead to confusion seeing it there when a project is active?
I know that the production is "converted" to the project but that is just the output the production capacity is still there :)

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:41 pm

It seems like the progress on the terraforming is not being stored (not showing the progress bar, losing if changed production).

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Free refit exploit.
Easiest way to see this is to build an empty station (system slot as power reactor, station slot empty).
After its complete, refit station slot to have a construction module. Then immediately change production to something that requires a construction module (colony ship for example).
The station will still be in the que to be refitted, but will allow the colony ship to be built.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:35 am

Uploaded Game_5592
Issue: Quick win and takeover at Fomalhaut

Two Orthin exploration ships, one with dual non modded lasers and the other with 2 nuclear missiles, took out 3 space harpies -and- colonized two planets in the same turn. Am I missing something?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Captainspire wrote:Uploaded Game_5592
Issue: Quick win and takeover at Fomalhaut

Two Orthin exploration ships, one with dual non modded lasers and the other with 2 nuclear missiles, took out 3 space harpies -and- colonized two planets in the same turn. Am I missing something?

You should be able to replay the battle from the report and see what has happened with the harpies
My guess is luck: a single rocket salvo can disable a Harpy and in some cases even destroy its core and thus dishing out damage to the other harpies next to it. Thus two explorers (one with rockets) might be able to destroy all three

Regarding colonization out of the blue: could it be that two colony ships were underway to that system from a direction to which your ships sensors could not detect them? In this case, they would have colonized the planets right at their arrival and thus remain "unseen"

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:13 pm

The estimated time of slaves delivery is wrong (then you point to a destination planet, before click to finish the purchase). I assume it uses the marauder's level of technology instead of yours for the estimation.

BTW, haven't seen Sven's replies (in this thread) for a while. Also the development updates aren't being timely and accurate (for a while). Also the recent changes to the railgun's animation looks less professional (the target point is shifted a lot). Are there changes in the development team (yes, this is an issue, so I'm not off topic)?

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:20 pm

bjg wrote:BTW, haven't seen Sven's replies (in this thread) for a while. Also the development updates aren't being timely and accurate (for a while). Also the recent changes to the railgun's animation looks less professional (the target point is shifted a lot). Are there changes in the development team (yes, this is an issue, so I'm not off topic)?

No, there haven't been any changes to the team.

What do you mean by "the target point is shifted"?

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Arioch wrote:What do you mean by "the target point is shifted"?

When you point your mouse to the enemy ship (and it's "chosen" as a target) the blue railgun's beams crossing/focusing is way off target.
Would provide a picture, but can't manage to make a printscreen using a hotkey on a Windows 7, and the "snipping tool" wont catch something which depends of a mouse position.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:19 am

bjg wrote:
Arioch wrote:What do you mean by "the target point is shifted"?

When you point your mouse to the enemy ship (and it's "chosen" as a target) the blue railgun's beams crossing/focusing is way off target.
Would provide a picture, but can't manage to make a printscreen using a hotkey on a Windows 7, and the "snipping tool" wont catch something which depends of a mouse position.

It doesn't appear that way for me. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:48 am

I've not seen it. I honestly found the new railgun animation a cool improvement to the old version.

Return to “Testing”