Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Nargrakhan

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Nargrakhan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:18 am

I've noticed that Humans can't create Hive worlds.

Is this a bug, or are Humans supposed to be handicapped from creating them after unlocking the required tech?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:59 am

Message pups up on starvation with placeholder text, but no link to planet and on next turn, there is no starvation to be had:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wky8ad0i7tayi0s/Starvation.jpg?dl=0

The message came right after I have moved pop to a newly conquered planet. There was no enemy ship in the system at that time though

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:53 am

r19839 DEV
- The progress bar on the colony screen is shown for all designs of the same hull:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (115.77 KiB) Viewed 18815 times

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (170.84 KiB) Viewed 18815 times

Intended?

- When calling back a ship from my trade fleet, the cursor turns into a transport ship icon. Nice.
But when moving the cursor onto a system, the cursor vanishes and the in-system view comes up (which would be pointless for this task)
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (275.87 KiB) Viewed 18815 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (213.32 KiB) Viewed 18815 times

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 am

SirDamnALot wrote:r19839 DEV
- The progress bar on the colony screen is shown for all designs of the same hull:

That had confused me too, but than I've realized that this is a feature - you have a partially finished hull, not a ship (yet).

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:48 am

bjg wrote:
SirDamnALot wrote:r19839 DEV

That had confused me too, but than I've realized that this is a feature - you have a partially finished hull, not a ship (yet).

I think that was the way in the old days (when ships ruled the waves). Shipyards would build you a nice sturdy hull with engines and steering but not much else. The outfitting with all the military stuff (guns, gun controll, crew quarters, etc), was a whole seperate process. :)

Another thing about the progress bars, they only show up when you cue an item. I had a colony ship in the works, saw some gremaks over the horizion and switched to some combat ship (rush build). After the dust settled I cued a different item and then the colony ship showed a progress bar (from where i left, before the whole gremak skirmish)

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:07 pm

After buying merc ships, the exit button does not function in the diplomacy screen (ESC is available as workaround)

edited by sven: This one should finally be fixed in r19859.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Humans don't get hive world tech. That's only for every other land dwelling species (including gremak). Phidi get coral, Orfin can terraform inferno worlds. Humans only get the basic ones.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:29 am

SirDamnALot wrote:The progress bar on the colony screen is shown for all designs of the same hull:
Intended?

Yes, it's intended. You can switch between two projects based on the same hull and not lose progress. I'm pretty sure it has been this way for a long time; the new UI just makes it more clear.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:36 am

Arioch wrote:
SirDamnALot wrote:The progress bar on the colony screen is shown for all designs of the same hull:
Intended?

Yes, it's intended. You can switch between two projects based on the same hull and not lose progress. I'm pretty sure it has been this way for a long time; the new UI just makes it more clear.

Thats nice :) I was some time away, is mass producing hulls (more than one, if you have the wrenches) still a thing?

zolobolo wrote:After buying merc ships, the exit button does not function in the diplomacy screen (ESC is available as workaround)

I think contacting the mercs (trade screen) is enough to "grey out" the exit button. No purchase needed.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Arioch wrote:
Intended?

This is so awesome, if you would make it visible which part is generic hull production, and which is the customization, that would be the wet dream of any military industry enthusiast :)

It absolutely makes sense form a refitting point of view, as the hill can be carried over there as well.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Buildings on planet do not fit in the frame:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nd485x3cpz16sh/MoreThenFitting.JPG?dl=0

Noticed this right after conquering the planet
If it has been a Marauder Base before I cannot tell, but based on the buildings, it has been colonized and then built up by the Yoral (since no markets)

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:22 am

Uploading a log fails. Probably for the same reason as the update (can't connect to the server). It would be helpful if more detailed message is given instead of just "failed".

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:22 pm

The server seems to be up, so here is the error:
game_3243 - there are two (!) "derelict" messages (both) pointing to Sirius I, but colonizing it gives me only 150 research (once).

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:29 am

Steppes worlds with thin atmospheres should , according to the hive world terraforming description, be able to be terraformed to a hiveworld. Steppes at the moment seem unable to be terraformed into anything...

blazenclaw

Postby blazenclaw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:07 pm

I just got through my third game (huge/sparse/human/hard) and wow, am I impressed! Wanted to drop by on the forums to say thank you Sven and Arioch! for the wonderful game you've made, as well as drop off my notes on what (mostly minor and trivial) issues I found in this and prior games that I remembered to take a note of. Sorry if some of these are repeats from what others have said earlier, but looking quickly, I doubt everything is :D

Bugs (And "Quirks"; some of these are are super trivial quality-type things easily fixed)--
    - When the "hide obsolete" option is selected, the quantum generator remains even after black hole is researched
    - If you own an outpost on a gas giant, then the option to turn the giant into an artificial planet is grayed out; you must first scrap the outpost in order to be able to convert, which seems unnecessary
    - The mouseover tooltip to create an artificial planet when the remaining spot(s) is/are taken by a gas giant says it's not available, even though it's clickable (and makes a nice large artificial planet :) )
    - "Artificial Planet" is 1 letter too long to be a custom name; when editing the name away from it, the 't' is immediately removed and cannot be re-added (unless naming is canceled by hitting escape, or just you know, not clicking the name in the first place). Maybe up the custom name limit for planets by 1? Kerning and name length seems to be a known issue though
    - If a shipyard or other orbital facility is captured while attacking a planet, but the planet is not successfully invaded on that turn, the orbital facilities are scuttled on the following turn; no dismantling for tech/resources allowed. Intentional?
    - When ending a turn with planets not assigned production and tech tree completely researched, the notification/"Are you sure?" message will claim to start work on labs but actually build factories/others instead
    - If a planet uses >1000 metal/turn, the text runs over into the coin section
    - Similarly, when using a high production world to repeat transports or something similarly cheap, the notification of "has completed: transport, transport, transport....." etc can run very long and look kinda ugly (runs underneath the buttons of zoom to, change production)
    - It is possible to instant-buy an item for negative money (though still nominal metal) when overflow wrenches are greater than the wrenches needed to produce the item
    - Instant buying a planet's production that has 1 turn left (hey, I'm an optimizer alright?) will sometimes not properly update on the left list of planets; it'll still show as partially dark-orange, when otherwise if multiple turns are bought out it'll show as fully bright orange
    - When transporting a colonist via civilian transport, mousewheel to zoom in/out doesn't work (annoying on larger maps)
    - The notification bubble for when the tech "Ansible" is researched, has an underlined fleet command range hyperlink that goes nowhere
    - Repeat order doesn't work with right click, though it may as well since I keep right clicking it by accident trying to add it to queue
    - Occasionally a single planet tasked with research (out of many that are) gets an "unable to continue research" message on a turn that has the 2-beaker research notification pop up; not sure what the triggering factor is that causes it though, whether it's researching multiple techs in a turn or just having multiple techs queued. Don't think it happen every time either :/

I started taking notes mid to late game; if this is of any help, I'll probably be starting a new game soon and can grab more from early-game situations if you'd like. Once again, thank you!

Return to “Testing”