Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
akkamaddi

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:06 am

CORRECTION

sven wrote:This is useful, I believe you've sorted out the bug. All that should be necessary to complete the fix is to rename the directory 'Lua State\Drawers\PopIcons\normal\tarib_happy' to 'tarib_unhappy', and restart the game. The asset-list is populated automatically each time PopIcons.lua is loaded, while the PNGs in ArtCache\ or PrebuildArt\ are generated implicitly from the data in that Drawers subdir.

Yes, Sven is correct. I found my mistake. I was wrong and Sven is right.

Follow the directories he says and change tarib_happy to tarib_unhappy, and everything sorts itself out. It was my mistake that I did not do the fix properly.
Last edited by akkamaddi on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:25 am

Game 4688 , still crashing, on turn 2.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:51 am

Chasm wrote:Game 4688 , still crashing, on turn 2.

Sorry Chasm. Different bug -- that one from a typo I missed. (And in a build I thought I'd tested before pushing to 'dev', but, apparently, not so much.)

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Sven, you were right about the fix for unhappy Taribs. I found my mistake, and I fixed my previous post.

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry I was not more careful.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 am

Game 4724. Developers build. Crash on entering combat with a rebel controlled world. Gremak lost world due to rebellion and I sent forces to claim it. Crash occurs upon 1st enemy volley against me ( world has a station and an armed starbase). Appears it is shooting down its own missiles as part of the bug.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:12 pm

On a related note, computer player build logic is way off. The planet the prior post had a bug with was a mineral poor huge garden world. Buildings on its surface were 1 factory, 1 farm, and 5 MINES. Population type was teros (not tinkers who might have a reason to do this). It is also notable the planet went into revolt. Can anyone else see the issue with the computer player`s build logic here?

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:32 pm

game_4761
Somehow I'm at war with Gremak (wasn't before the end of turn), but they didn't declare it.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Game 4769, dev version.
SE of Arcturus there is a human scout enroute to nowhere.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:53 am

Chasm wrote:Game 4769, dev version.
SE of Arcturus there is a human scout enroute to nowhere.

The scout is headed to HSA 88, which is a hyperspace anomaly. They are invisible until you research the Hyperspace Anomalies tech.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 am

Star harpy raids are not giving first contact autopsy +150 science. The raids are a nice add on, would not mind seeing that extended to pirates (pirates should likely on go to uninhabited systems though).

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:32 am

Game 4813, weird little bug. Fighting the Gremak at Sabik, winning the battles, but when I do, my Missile Destroyers (and only my missile destroyers, not my other ship types) move away from the system as if I retreated. Been able to reproduce it twice now in that game.

-Will

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:54 am

wminsing wrote:Game 4813, weird little bug. Fighting the Gremak at Sabik, winning the battles, but when I do, my Missile Destroyers (and only my missile destroyers, not my other ship types) move away from the system as if I retreated. Been able to reproduce it twice now in that game.

It might be because they ran out of ammo - I think that's normal for the auto-combat AI. (I could be wrong, I'm just a sometimes-player and not even of the preview builds)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:51 am

silverkitty23 wrote:
wminsing wrote:Game 4813, weird little bug. Fighting the Gremak at Sabik, winning the battles, but when I do, my Missile Destroyers (and only my missile destroyers, not my other ship types) move away from the system as if I retreated. Been able to reproduce it twice now in that game.

It might be because they ran out of ammo - I think that's normal for the auto-combat AI. (I could be wrong, I'm just a sometimes-player and not even of the preview builds)

Nah, there's definitely something wrong with the autocombat; the missile destroyers launch a volley and retreat the same turn, still having ammunition.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Dev version game 4837
I am in an undeclared war with yoral (they destroyed one of my outposts, and in diplomacy I'm listed as at war). A yoral colony ship enters a system I control (star system menkib). Instead of immediate conflict, I am put to a hail screen? And he is talking to me as if he hasn't attacked me already and we aren't at war...

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Outposts no longer repair ships left in the same system as them for 1 turn, but they used to. Is this a bug or working as intended?

Return to “Testing”