Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Chasm

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Chasm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:20 am

Perhaps best missile bay mount type? So if you have torpedoes researched, bombers have them, otherwise they default to missiles. Torpedoes on bombers makes them a bit of a priority target. Just missiles not so much.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Well, small craft need to be more dangerous, but whether this actually means using torpedoes (which may be problematic given that not everyone can currently research them) will depend on the nuts and bolts of how we end up changing the small craft mechanics.

It may make sense to just unlock the torpedo techs for everyone and make it explicitly clear that they're a small craft upgrade. There is a slight plausibility question of small craft carrying torpedoes, given how large they appear on the Yoral ships.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Not everyone has all terraforming techs, so it stands to reason not everyone would have all weapon techs. Especially since the only race that doesn't (ortin) has siege weapons in its place... Also, remember small craft are firing at point blank, so you are using very specialized versions of these weapons ( all payload, little burn time). More of a rocket bomb then a torpedo or missile really.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:27 pm

Chasm wrote:Not everyone has all terraforming techs, so it stands to reason not everyone would have all weapon techs.

True enough, but if we're going to make Orthin bombers weaker than everyone else's, it should be a deliberate choice rather than an accident.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Sometimes accidents work though, missiles/torpedoes are literally the opposite end of the direction their weapon tech goes. Or maybe they get a special siege bomber? Something that can fire a mini version of their best siege weapon. Seems more likely imo.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 am

Possible problem: No bonus from two space stations with Construction modules on them.

Uploaded "Game_1606"

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:50 am

Captainspire wrote:Possible problem: No bonus from two space stations with Construction modules on them.

Uploaded "Game_1606"

Construction modules don't provide bonuses; they are a requirement for building larger classes of ships (you need one for cruiser-class ships or colony ships, and a second for capital-class ships). Building a second space station before you have the tech to construct battleships or heavy carriers serves no purpose.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:26 am

Arioch wrote:
Captainspire wrote:Possible problem: No bonus from two space stations with Construction modules on them.

Uploaded "Game_1606"

Construction modules don't provide bonuses; they are a requirement for building larger classes of ships (you need one for cruiser-class ships or colony ships, and a second for capital-class ships). Building a second space station before you have the tech to construct battleships or heavy carriers serves no purpose.

Just before the last upgrade having more stations, did give bonuses to building ships. Two stations brought ship building production points down to 80%

Hold up. Uploaded "Game_1607" and after building a shipyard with another station I got production costs to 70%. Alright then..

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:30 am

Shipyards reduce shipbuilding costs to 70%, regardless of whether they contain a Construction Module. Construction Modules don't affect ship construction costs. If you scrap both stations, you should notice that the ship costs don't change (though you will lose the ability to build hulls larger than light cruisers).

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:12 am

As I gather from the Fighter/Bomber/Missile discussion, the small crafts are dynamically equipped with the best tech available to stay relevant? Thats great :)
But the science text blurbs mention a flat damange value for interceptors/bombers/etc and not that they use the best beam weapon/best missile/etc.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:27 am

SirDamnALot wrote:As I gather from the Fighter/Bomber/Missile discussion, the small crafts are dynamically equipped with the best tech available to stay relevant? Thats great :)
But the science text blurbs mention a flat damange value for interceptors/bombers/etc and not that they use the best beam weapon/best missile/etc.

The current science blurb doesn't specifically mention that the damage scales with technology, but the damage number it displays is dynamic and changes as technology changes. (If you don't believe me, hit "Cheat" in Options and then go back and look at the tech entries again). The wording will be updated when we do the small craft overhaul which is still a little bit down the road.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:57 am

Arioch wrote:
SirDamnALot wrote:As I gather from the Fighter/Bomber/Missile discussion, the small crafts are dynamically equipped with the best tech available to stay relevant? Thats great :)

The current science blurb doesn't specifically mention that the damage scales with technology, but the damage number it displays is dynamic and changes as technology changes. (If you don't believe me, hit "Cheat" in Options and then go back and look at the tech entries again). The wording will be updated when we do the small craft overhaul which is still a little bit down the road.

Both information would be the best way, the current damage like now, and that they equip the best weapon when it comes available. (and what weapons are fitted to the particular craft type)
When you research them early (which is very likely) their stated laser/coil based damage seems not very impressive when you think about the coming arms race ;)

And by no means was it my intention to imply that I don't believe you!

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:56 am

With small craft revamp, would it be possible to add a little more time on target for them. Interceptors perhaps 4 attacks, and bombers and strike fighters 2 each? (Interceptors are made to knock down other small targets, IMO they would have more endurance then the ordnance using bombers and strike fighters).

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Chasm wrote:With small craft revamp, would it be possible to add a little more time on target for them. Interceptors perhaps 4 attacks, and bombers and strike fighters 2 each? (Interceptors are made to knock down other small targets, IMO they would have more endurance then the ordnance using bombers and strike fighters).

That's essentially what I have in mind.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Game upload 1614, see Denebola 2 and 3, Viscids populated an in system colony base resulting in them being on 2 worlds in this system (which I don't think is supposed to happen)... Also, the primitive tag says I can move them, when I cannot.

Return to “Testing”