Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:50 pm

Additional trade routes after trade dela with Phidi is not applied corectly:
1. Text for deal says provides up to +8 route
2. Diplo screen states it provides +8 routes
3. Effective increase is +3

Maybe only the 2nd text is wrong and the provided bonus will icnrease from +3 to +8 eventually
Or the applied increase is wrong

Uploaded save for example: game_9219

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Two oldies but goldies:
1. Planetary pop rnaking updates right after embarking of troops making the location of ground troops "dance" away from the user
2. Fast animation option looses its effect after the game is restarted. The option is still selected but has no effect untill deselected and reselected again

Both are likely on a list already for bugs but have been around for a while

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:16 am

Steam in_development brach. Two distinct LUA issues in a single unfinished yet playthrough:
1) Game_9234. Unfortunately, didn't write down the message, but something about failed production project check - city planning without sufficient food at Haduir's Unukalhai. I thought this has been fixed already? Ignored successfully.
2) Game_9236.

Code: Select all

Lua state\Encounters\trading_options.lua:363: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
Lua state\Encounters\trading_options.lua:363:trade_assets:Sitovan's Marauders -> Teros:
 Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@TradingOverlay.lua:1600:fill_in_transaction:
  Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@TradingOverlay.lua:1626:
   ...tate\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@ThroneRoomScene\ThroneRoomScene.lua:331:
    Lua state\@@util\restore_color.lua:16

while attempting to enter trade negotiations with marauders who presumably were being bombed by another race. This one was much more severe - can't ignore, and the game couldn't restart itself, requiring process kill.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:52 am

Ancient Stargate not working for AI:
Gate not working for AI.png
Gate not working for AI.png (359.97 KiB) Viewed 27837 times

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Leader diplomacy screen is still a Teros not Haduir leader when looking at his back (not sure if this has been changed in the past)

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:44 pm

IMHO, AI during war overreacts to player's raids. It takes a single scout heading to enemy outpost or minor system to cause main enemy fleet to abandon homeworld and rush in defense! AI should try to intercept raiders with appropriately sized forces. If AI can afford a few turns of blockade, it can even rely on planetary defenses in certain cases.

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:44 am

Was surprised by the message "Brave Tinkers partisans have liberated …". I'd rather expect such bravery from Threshers, much more numerous in that colony, and not Ambivalent withal.

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Sat May 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Finished tactical battle with hidden lower infopanel. When I opened panel in the next battle, weapons list (center section) remained empty despite selecting different ships. Simplified graphics, if that matters.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

game_9297- Event alert 'Attacked at Kesar', if clicked on, provides no actual option to either autoretreat or resolve the battle. It seems to me to be related to the option available on the center panel instead giving the option to build an outpost at Kesar.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun May 24, 2020 7:48 pm

nweismuller wrote:game_9297- Event alert 'Attacked at Kesar', if clicked on, provides no actual option to either autoretreat or resolve the battle. It seems to me to be related to the option available on the center panel instead giving the option to build an outpost at Kesar.

This one should be fixed as of r38674. Thanks for the report.

Noyyau

Postby Noyyau » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:57 am

It seems that the Ancient Stargate at Ashdar Prime does not work if it has been conquered.

In this game, the Haduir have been annexed by the Phidi. I, as Tinkers, during my war against the Phidi conquered Gienah, making sure to capture the Ancient Stargate during the space combat above Ashdar Prime.
However, my ships leaving Gienah still take the standard amount of turns to reach their target.
Spoiler: show

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found the answer by reloading a Haduir save and poking around.
In the Haduir tech tree there's a specific tech that allows the use of the ancient stargate.
Spoiler: show

p.s. that should probably be "orbiting" with only 1 "t"

grothmag

Postby grothmag » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:33 pm

When putting a "refit" action into a planetary production queue, after selecting which ship to refit and returning to the planetary screen, any "report" regarding this planet is automatically closed and the next one is opened. As a result, one is looking at the current planet's production queue in the upper half of the screen, but the info box at the bottom shows the next planet's report. The map also scrolls to the next planet.

Normally, the planetary report is only closed when one closes the planetary close-up screen, which is better behaviour.

Edited to add: this also occurs when one enters the ship design screen from within the planet production queue, not just for refits after all. Any exit from the ship design screen back to the planetary queue advances to the next report.

(This applies when viewing a planet corresponding to a current report, such as a "production complete" report.)

theoneo

Postby theoneo » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:45 am

Putting a maneuvering engine on any orbital (like a shipyard or fleet base) allows it to retreat from combat, which puts it out of orbit and retreats it like any other ship. This then allows the orbital to move around between systems like normal ships.

Also, the 'Fast Tactical Animations' setting doesn't seem to work until I toggle it off and on again, for every time I reboot the game.

r38731 on Steam

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:05 am

Game_9045. Several Orthin pop transports have surrendered to my Dzibix cause. When later Humans annexed Orthin, these transports have adopted stylish "Humanity red", lost buttons to unload colonists or scrap ships, and have "Go to pool" button disabled citing "Transport isn't owned by player" in popup (see Adhara star system). Dozen turns later and after save/load the issue has disappeared all by itself.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 pm

PrivateHudson wrote:When later Humans annexed Orthin, these transports have adopted stylish "Humanity red", lost buttons to unload colonists or scrap ships, and have "Go to pool" button disabled citing "Transport isn't owned by player" in popup (see Adhara star system).

Thanks for uploading this one. It's a rare problem involving captured pop transports that should be fixed in games started after r38739.

Return to “Testing”