Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
bjg

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:15 pm

game_3249 - Chairman White is requesting food while I don't have it. I thought this shouldn't happen.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:37 am

bjg wrote:game_3243 - there are two (!) "derelict" messages (both) pointing to Sirius I, but colonizing it gives me only 150 research (once).

The same situation in the game_3253 (different map, planet Walker 1093 II).

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:57 am

Using a Trade Ship to transfer a single "colonist" while there is Transport in the pool. May be not a bug, but definitely an issue.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Same error for Battlecruiser merc ship as when mercs have been implemented the first time:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsvzztxbu5bmx0e/Battlecruiser.JPG?dl=0

When selecting the ship, the art is not shown, only the weapons, error pups up.
When screen resolution is changed, the ships shows just fine

First report has been resolved in the meantime, think it was a Yoral Battleship back then

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Something is off with the native races setting. I've been setting it to "abundant" for a few games already, but they seem to decrease instead of increasing. Also I see a huge number of Harpies guarding useless systems. Is there some misplaced variable(s) somewhere?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 pm

bjg wrote:Something is off with the native races setting. I've been setting it to "abundant" for a few games already, but they seem to decrease instead of increasing. Also I see a huge number of Harpies guarding useless systems. Is there some misplaced variable(s) somewhere?

The core issue is probably that each native race can spawn at most once. So if you're playing with 200+ stars, you'll tend to max out the possible number of native races regardless of your map settings choice. I could remove the unique spawn restriction for maps above a certain size... That's perhaps not a bad item to add to my TODO list; though it does break some of the in-game world building a bit. Why should their be 2 identical planets in the galaxy called 'Pell', etc.

edit: I guess if I were to throw out the custom planet names after the first pass through the native race deck, then we could imagine that perhaps the natives were transported to their new world via some mysterious circumstance before the start of the game...

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 am

It makes sense for some races to be found on multiple worlds (human, gremak, ashdar, scavengers, tinkers, gardeners, viscid), but not really for the others.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:05 am

zolobolo wrote:Same error for Battlecruiser merc ship as when mercs have been implemented the first time:

First report has been resolved in the meantime, think it was a Yoral Battleship back then

Thanks for the report. I believe the issue should be fixed as of 19858; which is currently accessible to Steam players by opting into the 'hotfix testing' branch under the game's properties panes.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:45 am

sven wrote:
zolobolo wrote:Same error for Battlecruiser merc ship as when mercs have been implemented the first time:

Thanks for the report. I believe the issue should be fixed as of 19858; which is currently accessible to Steam players by opting into the 'hotfix testing' branch under the game's properties panes.

Confirmed, and thanks for enabling the fixes via Steam.
Merc bug, refit change and sorting is there.

Later works fine and brings some great sorting option. Activity I particularly like. Noticed when sorting according to metal production that the value is not actually displayed. I guess I assumed production to be metal when searching for that :)

Did you consider showing metal as well in the panel + the icons next to the numbers so there is no confusion in the list between production and metal which are both of similar color? Not a significant problem though, I just probably like to see the art everywhere :)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:01 pm

zolobolo wrote:Did you consider showing metal as well in the panel + the icons next to the numbers so there is no confusion in the list between production and metal which are both of similar color? Not a significant problem though, I just probably like to see the art everywhere :)

We did consider adding icons to the list (some of the original mockups included them). We've also tested adding a metal production number in the planet list. At present, our feeling is that the panes are very information dense as is; and adding another number and/or more icons would make things more crowded than we'd like. Having the production summery numbers be somehow sensitive to the current sorting criteria is an interesting idea though -- that's worth pondering.

In the 5 modes that are resource production based, we could potentially replace the current 4-number resource display with an icon+single production number. That could look pretty; but in almost all cases, it would actually be taking information away from the player, which is perhaps not a great idea. We could also just swap out production for metal in the case that people are sorting by metal; but, I bet that would just cause confusion...

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:27 am

sven wrote:The core issue is probably that each native race can spawn at most once. So if you're playing with 200+ stars, you'll tend to max out the possible number of native races regardless of your map settings choice.

But I see just a few, way less than before, definitely not all possible kinds. What happens to the rest (if they where there)?

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Fusion and Antimater Missiles technologies contain anti-missiles, but don't require "Anti-Missiles" technology - I think it should (or anti-missiles should be hidden without it).

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:20 pm

r19871 game_3289
System Haraldor.
I know stargates are dirt cheap (to cheap in my opinion) but getting money back on rush-buy is a bit much :mrgreen:
dirtcheap.png
dirtcheap.png (224.63 KiB) Viewed 18919 times

Also, some turns before I got a fight on Bacabs (the Bugs kept revolting). No Planetary defenses, no enemy ships, only my stargate (that now belonged to the "rebells"). I got for a second the tactical combat screen and then immediatly the victory screen (without any losses on any side). Afterwards the planetary bombardment screen comes up as expected in the first place.

End of turn, the stargate was "abandoned" and removed. Probably because the Orthin did not have the stargate tech yet.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Someone had problems with bombarding planets. Now I have this incident to :)
r19871 Game_3290
Bombed Procyon, dropped 59 bombs with "Bomb All", No Effect. (Mr. Worf would be proud... :mrgreen: )

before.png
before.png (458.01 KiB) Viewed 18917 times
after.png
after.png (616.38 KiB) Viewed 18917 times

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Industrial replicators does not effect ship refit costs (by its description it should). Choosing the SAME terraforming option a 2nd time will clear any progress on that option (Ie 5 turns or garden terraforming has progressed, Choosing garden terraforming without choosing anything else in between will clear the progress)... Planet terraforming choices should likely have a different background or frame color then colonization choices.

Return to “Testing”