Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:37 pm

bjg wrote:Think I know how to reproduce it. Click on any Transport, click "start trading" (the panel dissapears) - the ships in the lower third become "unclickable".

Yup, that reproduces. Many thanks!

NullVoid

Postby NullVoid » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:18 pm

There's an asterisk next to "Colonize: Proxima III", as if the AI had elected to do this, even though I selected that action myself (game_880).

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:52 pm

game_882 - an error in the (old) transfer mechanism. Move Orthin out of Ashdar Prime - Hadouir will just disappear.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 am

bjg wrote:game_882 - an error in the (old) transfer mechanism. Move Orthin out of Ashdar Prime - Hadouir will just disappear.

Hrm, yes, that is a bit odd. The edge cases around small populations often get a bit funny -- in this case, you have 1.0846 Orthin on Ashdar Prime, so, when you move them off, I remove the extra 0.0846. It looks like the 0.4 Haduir are getting removed as well, however, which clearly shouldn't be happening.

halftea

Postby halftea » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:41 pm

Uploaded game 887.

I was trying to reload some Assault Carriers/Military transports with Hovertanks at Rastaban. Sadly they seemed to have vanished into the ether. Not really sure where they have ended up.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:51 pm

halftea wrote:Uploaded game 887.

I was trying to reload some Assault Carriers/Military transports with Hovertanks at Rastaban. Sadly they seemed to have vanished into the ether. Not really sure where they have ended up.

Ok, yes, I can replicate that. They are vanishing for me as well. Seems like the sort of thing that ought to have a simple fix...

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:02 pm

sven wrote:
halftea wrote:Uploaded game 887.

Ok, yes, I can replicate that. They are vanishing for me as well. Seems like the sort of thing that ought to have a simple fix...

Fix should be posted to stable (r14869). Thanks for the report!

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:47 am

bjg wrote:game_882 - an error in the (old) transfer mechanism. Move Orthin out of Ashdar Prime - Hadouir will just disappear.

Bugs of this sort should be fixed as of r14882 (currently marked 'stable').

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:49 am

SP feature doesn't work in the latest build. Sorry for the double post, but it brakes the whole gameplay.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:18 am

bjg wrote:SP feature doesn't work in the latest build. Sorry for the double post, but it brakes the whole gameplay.

Thanks for the report. Due to a recent balance adjustment, coilguns should no longer be able to pierce force fields or time displacement shields. Deflector screens and battle shields should still be pierceable though.

Just posted a fix to stable (r14889).

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:30 am

There is a phantom tank (saying "1 in orbit"), which you still can embark, which causes an error - error log is uploaded.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:46 pm

bjg wrote:There is a phantom tank (saying "1 in orbit"), which you still can embark, which causes an error - error log is uploaded.

Ok, I think the phantom "in orbit" icons should be working as intended in the lastest patch (r14890). Let me know if you think the feature is a good one -- I'm trying to give players various tool that can make making interacting with transports simpler, but these "phantom" icons do risk increasing UI clutter. I'm still not sure how I feel about them, personally.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:39 pm

sven wrote:I think the phantom "in orbit" icons should be working as intended in the lastest patch (r14890). Let me know if you think the feature is a good one -- I'm trying to give players various tool that can make making interacting with transports simpler, but these "phantom" icons do risk increasing UI clutter. I'm still not sure how I feel about them, personally.

I'm still not sure how I feel about them myself. Hated it first, got used later. They remind that there are transports/colony ships in the orbit, nothing more useful yet.
You and Arioch seem to have a (not generic) vision about how the game should look and play - it's been working out quite well so far. I want to be careful about pushing my quite generic ideas/opinions.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:22 pm

bjg wrote:I'm still not sure how I feel about them myself. Hated it first, got used later. They remind that there are transports/colony ships in the orbit, nothing more useful yet.
You and Arioch seem to have a (not generic) vision about how the game should look and play - it's been working out quite well so far. I want to be careful about pushing my quite generic ideas/opinions.

One of the themes of the UI design is to take systems that may be fairly complex in their details, and then work hard to try and make them appear as simple as possible. The population motion and transport UIs are certainly one example of this. And one of my own worries about the UIs related to population motion, particularly as far as embarking / disembarking goes, is that the underlying rules are complex and nuanced enough that some of my attempts to present them in a simple way via the UIs may just end up being confusing.

The rules for embarking / disembarking population from a transport have a couple interesting little edge cases; rules that I think are necessary for balance / gameplay reasons. For example, there's a limit on how many times you can embark / disembark from a single ship. (Each ship is limited to 1 disembark action per-strategic turn). That means that when we try to present an abstract number like "2 tanks in orbit", it's sometimes a potentially confusing oversimplification, as some of the time, some, or all, of those tanks won't actually be available for disembarkation.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:03 pm

game_892 - the default design for Heavy Cruiser has 4 Turbolasers in the turret, but only 2 (or 4 smaller Defense ones) fits if you try to redesign it. Bug or feature?

Return to “Testing”