Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
gaerzi

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby gaerzi » Fri May 20, 2022 1:02 pm

zolobolo wrote:probably due to differetn types of pops freed

Yes. You get a different bonus for each type of free slave, I don't consider this as a bug though perhaps the race could be placed in the text to make this clearer.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Tue May 31, 2022 5:52 pm

gaerzi wrote:
zolobolo wrote:probably due to differetn types of pops freed

Yes. You get a different bonus for each type of free slave, I don't consider this as a bug though perhaps the race could be placed in the text to make this clearer.

Yes that would help with clarity
Also if all freed slave bonuses are listed after another so they form a group and makes it easy to see at a glance how much wieght they alltogether have even if not aggregated into a single metric

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:52 pm

When a planet experiences a successful slave revolt, the slaves don't free themselves, which makes it trivial to take the planet. Experienced when my neighbors the Gremak got their own population on Algor knocked down to below one unit, so the Algorians revolted... and remained slaves.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:04 pm

nweismuller wrote:When a planet experiences a successful slave revolt, the slaves don't free themselves, which makes it trivial to take the planet. Experienced when my neighbors the Gremak got their own population on Algor knocked down to below one unit, so the Algorians revolted... and remained slaves.

But they are still counted in the rebellion strenght correct?

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:18 pm

Presumably, given they successfully revolted against the Gremak. They aren't counted in defensive strength for the planet, which meant I was able to take the planet as the Phidi with no resistance whatsoever.

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:30 am

Minor graphical bug.

The Tinkers Heavy Cruiser overlays don't seem to be working as intended.
When torpedoes are equipped in the dome hardpoints, the lower part of the weapon images clip through the hull layer.
Spoiler: show

This does not appear to affect any of the other Tinker ships, nor any other weapon type.
And I've not noticed it anywhere else.

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:52 pm

Minor code bug.
\galaxy\planet_types.lua

Line 666 does not follow the same formatting as every other similar entry:

Code: Select all

663 growth 'gremak' {
664  High = { 'Hive', 'Island', 'Swamp' },   
665  Medium = {'Coral'},
666  Arid = 'Low',

Looks like it should read

Code: Select all

Low = {'Arid'},

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:58 pm

Error during AI turn processing:
Bug.GIF
Bug.GIF (123.26 KiB) Viewed 45517 times

Send Report failed
Save upload also fails when going back to the previous turn

The error does not crash the game - it can continue

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:58 pm

The resolution issue seems to have been resolved at some point for the Failing Fleet event on 4k resolution:
Hail Fleet OK.PNG
Hail Fleet OK.PNG (242 KiB) Viewed 44739 times

I have reinstalled the runtime not long ago that likely did the trick - before the two options were bumping heads together (no pixel spacing in between them)

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:54 pm

Some interesring behaviour that doesn't seem like it ought to be happening:

When one of your colonies is in range of a Marauder base, that base will send raiding parties to your colony so long as it has transport ships available.
If those transports are captured or destroyed the base will take some time to replace them before re-commencing raids.
But when those transports escape they return to thier base and launch another raid the following turn.

The odd behaviour occurs when you destroy or capture all the combat ships, but allow the transports to escape.
When those transports return to thier base they will launch a new raid the following turn with or without any combat ships, but a new transport will be generated the same turn the raid is launched.
There does not seem to be any limit to the number of transports which can be amassed in this manner.

https://i.imgur.com/i92gsBU.jpg
Pictured: Me waiting for Xeno Engineering to finish so I can abuse this.

Juku121

Postby Juku121 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:23 pm

Well, I also hit this:

c:\dev\boost_1_44_sven\boost\random\bern...distribution.hpp
Line: 50

Expression: _p >= 0

It is very reproducible, but since I don't run a vanilla game, a save is probably not useful.

What happens is that I try to fight a Marauder base+planet, the fight goes well as far as I can determine and then I get hit with this. I suspect it's tied to looting techs from that world. Or maybe not, I've gotten techs from invading dino colonies before without issues. I can even remove the base and defences from the planet and the crash still persists.

Any ideas what to do to avoid this? I've tried commenting out or otherwise removing or making inaccessible every instance of 'bernoulli_trials' in the .lua files, both modded and unmodded, but no dice. Perhaps a circular dependency in the techs? That's the one other hard crash I had, with no error messages or anything.

Edit: Figured it out. Modified Marauder Raider combat power calculations were off and returned zero, so more than one raider company on the planet triggered this.

Serenitis

Postby Serenitis » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 pm

An occurance with the Humans that can lead to thier having some significant difficulty at game start.

If all available colony sites are only accessible with range extended ships AND those sites are >3 turns travel away from Fargone AND the colony site has low fertility, the Humans will be forced into a situation where:
-They can only land 1 pop on a world with a colony ship
-That pop is instanly "starving"
-If a farm is bought there will not be enough money in the treasury and ships will be scrapped (usually starting with the CA, which is a game ender)
-Not buying the farm means the pop starves and the colony collapses before the transports arrive & unload to start trading

This can technically be circumvented by sending both colony ships to the same place colonising with one and unloading the other, so you get twice as long before the colony implodes.
But this level of micro should ideally not be needed at all. (And the AI can't.)

Possible soultions - Any one of:
-Ensure one of the Humans "nLocals" systems is always in base ship range of Fargone
-Ensure one of the planet draws in those 2 systems always has high fertility (Island or Arid+)
-Add an extra empty Transport to the Human starter fleet
-Add an extra 50 coins to the Human starting treasury

emky

Postby emky » Mon May 15, 2023 12:22 am

I have two save games now that have failed to continue by a LUA error. "chibi is missing required field: race -> nil" in MoraleReports.lua, 85.

I'm on v38803 (GOG "development branch"). I never had any issues on the stable branch. I guess I need to return to it. What are the chances my saves will load fine in the older stable version (v38774)?

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Mon May 15, 2023 4:53 am

emky wrote:I have two save games now that have failed to continue by a LUA error. "chibi is missing required field: race -> nil" in MoraleReports.lua, 85.

I'm on v38803 (GOG "development branch"). I never had any issues on the stable branch. I guess I need to return to it. What are the chances my saves will load fine in the older stable version (v38774)?

Seems like this bug: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27&start=1785#p11426 . Try this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27&start=1800#p11479 .

Return to “Testing”