Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Chasm

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Chasm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm

game 1596, fatal error, blackscreen.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Maxed out population world still producing population, see game 1957, system Hadar, planet hadar III, cause was maxing out planetary population to avoid slimes from breeding. Planet is, however, still continuing growth.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Tested a planet with a lot of various pop types to see how they scale and sort:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqwo3o71dxciphg/Multikulti.png?dl=0

The above unit count could be ideally positioned in two rows

Recommend the scaling to use a rectangular mapping if even number of species are present and to only enlarge the first pop when odd number
Exceptions can be if only 1-3 unit types are present: in this case a simple line formation would do

Another helpful method would be to enable scrolling, in case there are more then 10 unit types present

Sizing= Max planet pop count (32 is the largest I have seen so far)*2(rebellious pop variant)+2(marauder raiders and tanks)
This number will increase if new ground unit types are introduced

Also consider spacing between the individual unit types so there is enough space if they have over 10'000'000 pop

edited by sven: Thanks for doing these tests. These pop icon display rules could clearly use an overhaul.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Fatal crash (blackscreen) at end of turn game 1963. Due to refits perhaps?

edited by sven: Looks like this one is fixed. Though of course, if you notice it happening again, please upload the error.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:08 am

Just noticed this bug, because it's been a long time since I found a splinter colony that was 'pirate collaborators'. The diplomatic issues for 'collaborators' and the colonies that thank you for saving them but want to go their own way appear to be reversed. 'Collaborators' get the +10 'Thank you for saving us!' issue, while the more neutral splinter colonies get the +5 'Thanks for 'saving' us, I guess...' issue. I'm almost certain those should be reversed.

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:23 am

Haven't played humans for some time, so I'm sorry if I missed a notification somewhere but is the starting human Heavy cruiser supposed to be fitted with only defense turbolasers now?

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Its new since the new ship refit changes, oddly enough it seems to work better that way...

edited by sven: It's happening because of some changes to the mount compatibility rules that went in a day or two ago... Not a bug, exactly, more like an undesirable outcome of the current autodesigner rules and weapon balance.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:55 pm

New tech data windows are obstructing information at the bottom border. For example, open the human heavy cruiser entry and scroll down. The bottom center entry is obstructed entirely, and the word upkeep appears only as ep.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Chasm wrote:New tech data windows are obstructing information at the bottom border. For example, open the human heavy cruiser entry and scroll down. The bottom center entry is obstructed entirely, and the word upkeep appears only as ep.

Screen is still under construction.

edited by sven: Sorry about these bugs -- there was a fatal bug caused by some of refit changes, and to fix it I ended up pushing a half-finished version of the research screen to 'stable' so the 'stable' build would remain playable. The research screen UI pass is done now, so please report any new pane behavior issues should you come across them.

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 am

Game 1968, odd behavior on the planetary construction screen. To reproduce:
1. Open up the construction select screen
2. Select Refit
3. Select a Ship
4. Cancel out of the refit
5. Other buttons (Projects, Ships) no longer work.

edited by sven: That is indeed odd... I can replicate the glitch, thanks for the report.

vinco

Postby vinco » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:15 am

Current build (stand-alone, not Steam) - I'm playing as Orthin, but see myself as a snake when engaging in diplomacy.

vinco

Postby vinco » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:26 am

Game 1970: The Ashdar imperials proposed a port sharing arrangement. I accepted, then they declared war the next turn. I can't help but believe that the diplomatic behavior there was an error.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 am

The computer players will declare war upon you when their ships exceed yours by a certain margin, no matter what treaties you have active.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Fatal error game 1975, Researching 1st tech and going to tech screen caused it.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 am

Chasm wrote:Fatal error game 1975, Researching 1st tech and going to tech screen caused it.

I believe the research screen UI crashes and other glitches should all be fixed as of r19250. Please let me know if you run into any new issues in the latest builds -- and as always, many thanks for the testing help.

Return to “Testing”