Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 am

wminsing wrote:Yes I think you must be correct, I must have dismissed it by accident. Sorry for the flash report!

Well, there can be 'bugs' in the design as well as in the game logic. In this case, I think we identified a place where the design needed some adjustment. As of r18717, your advisor should now give you a warning if you attempt to end the turn without bothering to pick up the phone when some alien VIP calls.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:01 am

Point defense vs missile animations are BADLY off now. Please see upload 1717, replay space harpy battle.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:53 am

Chasm wrote:Point defense vs missile animations are BADLY off now. Please see upload 1717, replay space harpy battle.

Classic case of "fix one thing, break something else". I believe I've got it mostly sorted out now. New patch inc: r18722.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Ok, when I first meet death's hand they contact me to tell me they don't want to talk.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Upon meeting gremak raiders (not actual faction leader) they (the raiders) claimed to be the leaders of all true gremak. see game 1755,

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Chasm wrote:Ok, when I first meet death's hand they contact me to tell me they don't want to talk.

I haven't been able to replicate this behavior. Does is happen in the game you just uploaded (1755?)

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:44 pm

It happened on the prompt when I was told to speak with them, at the end of the turn, If you follow the link your XO gives, and talk to him, he claims to be the leader of all true gremak. It is in the game I uploaded.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:29 am

In general- even if you deal with the contact events for minor factions- splinters and Marauders- the new end of turn alert doesn't think you've 'contacted' them. Using the report link to contact them brings you to a window where you can propose a trade- which at least once led to me getting a trade window for Death's Hand! I suspect this is not intended behavior.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Please see game upload 1758. To duplicate this end game turn. When the prompt comes up from the XO about unresolved diplomacy issues follow his link. It will call up one of the local pirate lords. The pirate lord's speech states that he is the one who sits on the emerald throne. Since the emerald throne is reserved for the gremak leader, I think there is an issue.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:38 pm

See game 1759. Purchased 5 orthin slaves, stargated to Bellatrix and freed , all in 1 turn (no issue). Then purchased another unit, stargated to Bellatrix and am NOT allowed to free them. The following turn I am allowed to liberate the 2nd batch. Are you only permitted 1 liberation per turn ?

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:31 pm

game_1762
Some weird diplomatic reminder popped up during the "end turn": "Grefia 8328 II Rebels" from Grefia 2843 II (!) want to talk to me (and establish the diplomatic relations). Of course, they are not in the factions list.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Being able to make diplomatic relations with rebel factions would make sense though, if implemented.

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Chasm wrote:Being able to make diplomatic relations with rebel factions would make sense though, if implemented.

But it's not. The next turn they where not in the list. There wasn't a "smiley face" (contact) icon on the planet neither.
However, I was getting a 1 influence point from them.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 pm

bjg wrote:
Chasm wrote:Being able to make diplomatic relations with rebel factions would make sense though, if implemented.

But it's not. The next turn they where not in the list. There wasn't a "smiley face" (contact) icon on the planet neither.
However, I was getting a 1 influence point from them.

I got that effect too. A Gremak raiding party visited my system and since i rushed build some defenses, they are politly asking to be ignored.
On clicking next turn, the new advisor pops up to remind me that I have a unanswered call on the red phone ;)
Seems the new advisor pop up can't differentiate between mayor/minor factions and raider calls.

Edit:
After visiting the base of the raiders (only polite to return th favor, right? :mrgreen: ) and exploring their system, the advisor comes up again with the
warning that I'm missing their call.

Both incidents are in game_1794.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:33 am

game_1819, r18743 Dev
At Elnath I have 3 Battle mechs I wanted to load back into the orbiting troop ships.
But since there is a very mixed population, the brigades moved around on the colony screen after every embarking.
Thus I misclicked and loaded a Gremak Civilian into the Troopship. But now, they rather like the troopship and don't want to disembark! :)

Edit: mh, a few turns later i checked again and they are able to unload again.

Anyway, Enjoy the Holiday :)

Return to “Testing”