Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby nweismuller » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks, I'll change those descriptions to match on my end. The help is definitely appreciated. :)

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Error during AI turn: seems to be related to galaxy map border draw logic - cannot be ignored

Can be reliably reproduced via below save without mods after hitting next turn:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj5fglglabc6p ... t.rar?dl=0

Workaround: disabling empire logos circumvents the error and then something strange happens: all of the other empires are suddenly made visible for a short time and a Galactic Council is held
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (21.83 KiB) Viewed 17361 times

grothmag

Postby grothmag » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:25 am

game_6512: Default design overstuffs hardpoints

The default ship designs acquired when you gain the appropriate hull tech place more weapons in a hardpoint than the hardpoints should hold.

In this save, take a look at the Battleship design, the Medium hardpoints specifically. There are 8 turbolasers in one hardpoint, but choosing turbolasers for another Medium hardpoint only allows 4.

The same was seen (no save, sorry) for Carriers as well, and now that I think back, I think it occurred in earlier hulls also.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Supermint, below, has it exactly right. And... holy mackerel, all this time I didn't understand weapon selection at all. I had no idea one had to click the upgrades to use them - I assumed since they were all listed (but in gray, dummy!) they were all automatically included. Dang it.
Last edited by grothmag on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supermint

Postby Supermint » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:48 pm

The default Turbolasers may have Rapidfire already and when a default design is setup it takes into account what upgrades are available for the weapons and applies them where it can. So that will probably be the cause.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:02 pm

zolobolo wrote:Error during AI turn: seems to be related to galaxy map border draw logic - cannot be ignored

Can be reliably reproduced via below save without mods after hitting next turn:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj5fglglabc6p ... t.rar?dl=0

Thanks for this upload. The bug should be fixed as of r22110.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 am

harpy eagle wrote:
nweismuller wrote:Even after the batch of text corrections last patch, the descriptions for clicking on Opil, Gems, and Precious Metals are still incorrect for current observed values of those resources. The descriptions for clicking on the resources indicate a bonus of +5 coins per market for Opil and Gems, and +2 coins per mine for Precious Metals; the planetary economy reports and overall imperial incomes indicate an actual bonus of +10 coins per market for Opil and Gems and +5 coins per mine for Precious Metals. This is such a simple fix I'd do it myself on my own game if I had been able to find the files with resource descriptions.

The description appears to be in Lua state\Galaxy\special_resources.lua

Or if you want to change the amount of coins they give you, that's in Lua State\Orders\coin_production.lua

This should now be patched in the vanilla version of the code as well (as of r22112).

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 am

If marauders capture an outpost, an error occurs when their monster economy attempts to update the population of the planet if it is unpopulated (which is usually the case with outposts).

I did some tracing and the planet that is causing the error is Gacrux I, a rockball with an outpost orbiting it.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Latest update had an error at startup using sis64.exe. Seems when one issue is fixed, something else has to break. I'll look into the other .exe startups

*update*
same error with sis.exe

-- I deleted the autosave_1 folder and it started up fine. I think the issue was due to my laptop shutting down randomly causing the file to be corrupted. All good now.
Last edited by Captainspire on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Captainspire wrote:Latest update had an error at startup using sis64.exe. Seems when one issue is fixed, something else has to break. I'll look into the other .exe startups

It looks like the game may have crashed earlier while attempting to do an autosave, leading to a corrupt save game. Please try deleting SaveGames\autosave_1, and let me know if that fixes it.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:07 pm

harpy eagle wrote:If marauders capture an outpost, an error occurs when their monster economy attempts to update the population of the planet if it is unpopulated (which is usually the case with outposts).

Thanks for the report. This one should be fixed as of r22127.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:01 pm

zolobolo wrote:Visual bug for cloaked Military Transport in tactical battle or when underway between start systems

Should be fixed as of r22131. Thanks for the report.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Food - starvation bugs
I've been sending uploads to try to pinpoint the cause

Game_6540
System has an Egg nest
Has a populated planet
has -not- researched harpy repellent
- When scout swarm is launched, from that system, it generates the error
Able to ignore and continue

Game_6541
Activated "City Planning" ability on planet
Message: looks like a remove_starvation_warning_if_needed() wasn't properly called
Able to ignore and continue
Switching to Trade then back to City Planning does not generate the error again

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Captainspire wrote:Food - starvation bugs
I've been sending uploads to try to pinpoint the cause

I *think* both of these ought to be fixed as of r22135 (though you need to replay the whole of stardate 1524 to avoid any errors). Please keep sending in bug reports as they pop up.

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Sometimes when a planet is set to city planning, when going to the next turn it will be taken off city planning and a report issued stating that "We were unable to continue city planning at..." despite there being ample food.

See the attached savefile. The colony at Beid is taken off city planning despite having enough empire food and transport.
Attachments
starving_but_not.7z
(184.26 KiB) Downloaded 500 times

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but are ashdar destroyers supposed to have better armour than their light cruisers?

Return to “Testing”