Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
zolobolo

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby zolobolo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Two races have the same pop growth estimate for the next turn despite having different growth rate and base pop number:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ti0tn2mg5801m/SameGrowth.JPG?dl=0

Humans have higher growth rate (medium while Lummox have Very low)
If the Lummox are reduced to the same number via transporting them away, they both display the same growth rate and same effective growth rate so what is the growth rate description for if in the end it results to the exact same effective growth when combined with the current pop?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:10 am

SirDamnALot wrote:Someone had problems with bombarding planets. Now I have this incident to :)
r19871 Game_3290
Bombed Procyon, dropped 59 bombs with "Bomb All", No Effect. (Mr. Worf would be proud... :mrgreen: )

This was tricky one; but I think I finally tracked down the cause. Looks like some unnecessary bit-hacking was causing an issue in the 64-bit build, which could result in this very rare bug. Should be patched as of r19894.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Pirates have several colony ships on this map, one of which just parks at a planet which has been invaded by Marauders?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlxecmh247hhsr6/Pirate%20Colony%20Ship.JPG?dl=0

What is this about, should the Prite faction supposed to expand?
If yes, the colony ships are not moving

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:21 pm

zolobolo wrote:Pirates have several colony ships on this map, one of which just parks at a planet which has been invaded by Marauders?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlxecmh247hhsr6/Pirate%20Colony%20Ship.JPG?dl=0

What is this about, should the Prite faction supposed to expand?
If yes, the colony ships are not moving

Pirates do occasionally have colony ships and transports, representing their nomadic nature. They don't use them to settle colonies.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Boarding is enabled in odd situations:
1. Yoral Fregat can board after taken by the player by it peers
2. Marauder Transport can be boarded with some of the Yoral designs

Is this know?
If you want I can look into this closer when it occurs

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Game 3430: Armed Merchant 'Protector' at Elnath system unable to embark units or population despite having no passengers- its Battle Mechs were lost in action while invading the planet, and I attempted to consolidate the Marauders from earlier captured transports onto my armed merchants.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 am

nweismuller wrote:Game 3430: Armed Merchant 'Protector' at Elnath system unable to embark units or population despite having no passengers- its Battle Mechs were lost in action while invading the planet, and I attempted to consolidate the Marauders from earlier captured transports onto my armed merchants.

It looks like it's being confused by the raider somehow. If you unload one of the battle mechs, you can then load the raider and then reload the mech. I'll mention it to Sven.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am

Minor but irritating bug. 'First colony' message interrupts placing a queue on that colony if you entered the planet screen by clicking on the question mark on the planet in the bottom bar, rather than through the colony list side bar. Easily replicated- choose a faction with a habitable world in their home system, colonise, and enter the planet screen via the bottom bar rather than the side bar.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:34 am

game_3591: Artificial Organisms technology no longer upgrades Farms to level 2. Please fix ASAP; playing through a game with level 1 Farms is doubtless going to be 'exciting'.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 am

nweismuller wrote:game_3591: Artificial Organisms technology no longer upgrades Farms to level 2. Please fix ASAP; playing through a game with level 1 Farms is doubtless going to be 'exciting'.

Should be fixed in 20253. :oops:

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:20 am

Possible bug: the ashdar destroyer hull has a pair of fixed forward medium mounts. These mounts cannot carry light class weapons (except for anti missiles). In contrast the ashdar light cruiser also has fixed medium mounts but CAN mount light weapons in them. (To see what I mean start a fresh game and visit the design screen.)
Correction, medium mounts aren't supposed to be able to mount light weapons, but CAN mount anti missiles (which are a light weapon)

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:45 pm

playing Phidi in tech tree view of research I get a crash when selecting 'Primary Artillery' ... I guess reason is Phidi not having access to 'Dreadnoughts' and this part of code is not happy ?

Code: Select all

prereq=all_of( one_of('Stupendous Energy Physics', 'Dreadnoughts'),'Primary Beams'),

EDIT:

'Stupendous Energy Physics' is Orthin tech only, so if anyone is having an issue with this one playing race which has no 'Dreadnoughts', my quick fix for this, find "tech 'Primary Artillery'" in ~TECHNOLOGY.lua and change its "prereq=" section to

Code: Select all

prereq=all_of( one_of('Stupendous Energy Physics', 'Super-Dreadnoughts', 'Dreadnoughts'),'Primary Beams'),
How did YOU get a key? All right, go in.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:22 pm

'Stars in Shadow has just hit a particularly nasty bug'- after attempting to launch after the most recent update with .dll changes. I got a 'crash.dmp' file; how should I go about getting this to you? The forum says it has an invalid extension for attaching to a post.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:16 pm

nweismuller wrote:'Stars in Shadow has just hit a particularly nasty bug'- after attempting to launch after the most recent update with .dll changes. I got a 'crash.dmp' file; how should I go about getting this to you? The forum says it has an invalid extension for attaching to a post.

crash.dmp probably has a size of your memory (8 gig? 16?), and is not very useful anyway. Means that something went terribly wrong, and the SiS isn't necessary the real cause. Try to reboot the computer and see if the crash happens again.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:15 pm

bjg wrote:
nweismuller wrote:'Stars in Shadow has just hit a particularly nasty bug'- after attempting to launch after the most recent update with .dll changes. I got a 'crash.dmp' file; how should I go about getting this to you? The forum says it has an invalid extension for attaching to a post.

crash.dmp probably has a size of your memory (8 gig? 16?), and is not very useful anyway. Means that something went terribly wrong, and the SiS isn't necessary the real cause. Try to reboot the computer and see if the crash happens again.

Doesn't help, and the crash only started with the latest update. At this point I am unable to launch the game.

Return to “Testing”