Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:00 pm

rustyi wrote:Error on attacking harpies. game_6246

Thanks for the upload; I believe this should be fixed as of r22080.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Ship equipped with only "Pulse Generator" will retreat from combat when battle is resolved automatically
Tactical combat AI does not recognize the weapon when equipped on player ship or the autocombat script does not consider Pulse Generator as a weapon and figures that the battle is unwinnable

Test case:
1. Orthin Destroyer equipped with only Pulse Generator and no other weapons attacks undefended Outpost
2. When clicking Autocombat, the ship flees

If playing the battle manually and clicking autocombat, the ship also flees

Edit: below screenshot demonstrates another mechanic where this is the case: When selecting attack combat, the game evaluates the destroyer equipped with Pulse Generator as a non-combat ship and is thus not part of the auto-selection.

The Pulse Generator does of course double as an offensive weapon and the ship equipped with it should be considered as an offensive ship
Attachments
Not Combatant.png
Not Combatant.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 15932 times

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:39 pm

game_6299: The next vote for the Galactic Council is reported to occur in negative three turns; last turn it was estimated to occur in negative two turns. Probably not desired behavior.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:50 pm

game_6329: Can't end turn with a troop transport one turn out from a rebel-held system. Unable to continue game unless fixed.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:51 pm

nweismuller wrote:game_6329: Can't end turn with a troop transport one turn out from a rebel-held system. Unable to continue game unless fixed.

A patch for this one went up about 10 minutes ago. Hopefully should be sorted out as of r22099.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:01 pm

sven wrote:
nweismuller wrote:game_6329: Can't end turn with a troop transport one turn out from a rebel-held system. Unable to continue game unless fixed.

A patch for this one went up about 10 minutes ago. Hopefully should be sorted out as of r22099.

It is indeed resolved. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Cloaked Orthin Military Transport texture issue when underway
Attachments
Cloacked.png
Cloacked.png (404.42 KiB) Viewed 15867 times
Last edited by zolobolo on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Cloaked ship flashes when missile is destroyed which has targeted it

Danath

Postby Danath » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:45 pm

game 6422

Marauder encounter... I met them like 100 turns ago. And they aren't in that system...

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 am

I think I've discovered a bug in the wants_to_retreat() function used by the AI to decide if a ship should retreat.

If a ship has fired all of it's weapons before the AI moves it during the turn, which happens if the ship has only PD weapons and they all fire in reaction to moving trackers, the AI retreats the ship even though it has definite combat value.

The bug no longer occurs if you replace the call to potential_shots() with a function that does not count fired weapons.

EDIT: see attached zipped savefile. If you view the battle between the Haduir and Ashdar, 3 of the Haduir cruisers retreat halfway through despite having functional PD weapons, and the Ashdar win. If the game is modded to replace potential_shots() with a function that does not count fired weapons, the ships do not retreat and the Haduir win.
Attachments
retreat_bug.zip
(638.55 KiB) Downloaded 506 times

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm

OK, just gonna report this here because I'm pretty sure it is a bug.

When you research fusion warheads you gain access to fusion anti-missiles even if you haven't research the anti-missile tech. It doesn't make sense that you can now make fusion anti-missiles if you don't yet know how to make regular anti-missiles just because you can now make a new type of warhead.

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:46 pm

harpy eagle wrote:OK, just gonna report this here because I'm pretty sure it is a bug.

When you research fusion warheads you gain access to fusion anti-missiles even if you haven't research the anti-missile tech. It doesn't make sense that you can now make fusion anti-missiles if you don't yet know how to make regular anti-missiles just because you can now make a new type of warhead.

that's kind of because regular anti-missiles (tech 'Anti-Missiles') and nuclear missiles (tech 'Guidance Systems') are two separate tech while for fusion anti-missiles and fusion missiles, both are unlocked by one common tech (tech 'Fusion Warheads')

you can change prereq = all_of('Guidance Systems','Fusion'), for Fusion Warheads to prereq = all_of('Anti-Missiles','Guidance Systems','Fusion'), ... but now you would need to research regular anti-missiles before you can unlock fusion missiles (if you only care about missiles, but not anti-missiles) ... or you can separate anti-missiles from warheads for whole length of tech tree (up to anti-matter missiles), similar as it is done for torpedoes
How did YOU get a key? All right, go in.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Visual bug for cloaked Military Transport in tactical battle or when underway between start systems
Attachments
Cloaked.png
Cloaked.png (14.47 KiB) Viewed 15708 times

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:43 pm

Even after the batch of text corrections last patch, the descriptions for clicking on Opil, Gems, and Precious Metals are still incorrect for current observed values of those resources. The descriptions for clicking on the resources indicate a bonus of +5 coins per market for Opil and Gems, and +2 coins per mine for Precious Metals; the planetary economy reports and overall imperial incomes indicate an actual bonus of +10 coins per market for Opil and Gems and +5 coins per mine for Precious Metals. This is such a simple fix I'd do it myself on my own game if I had been able to find the files with resource descriptions.

harpy eagle

Postby harpy eagle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:32 pm

nweismuller wrote:Even after the batch of text corrections last patch, the descriptions for clicking on Opil, Gems, and Precious Metals are still incorrect for current observed values of those resources. The descriptions for clicking on the resources indicate a bonus of +5 coins per market for Opil and Gems, and +2 coins per mine for Precious Metals; the planetary economy reports and overall imperial incomes indicate an actual bonus of +10 coins per market for Opil and Gems and +5 coins per mine for Precious Metals. This is such a simple fix I'd do it myself on my own game if I had been able to find the files with resource descriptions.

The description appears to be in Lua state\Galaxy\special_resources.lua

Or if you want to change the amount of coins they give you, that's in Lua State\Orders\coin_production.lua

Return to “Testing”