Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby nweismuller » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 pm

game_4869- Other empires moving to a state of war without announcement or declaration is still a thing. Turn after contact with Gremak Empire, now at war without any announcement. Maybe not a blackscreen level bug, but being able to be 'ambushed' by war unless I check diplomacy every turn is not very fun at all- I hope this one gets prioritised.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

The declare war thing also does not affect colony ship interceptions. You are treated as being in peacetime dialog for them. Rather annoying when you have already had a colony destroyed, that the opponent gets a free retreat of their colony ship. I'm also having the declare war issue occur from multiple empires at the same time...

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Chasm wrote:Outposts no longer repair ships left in the same system as them for 1 turn, but they used to. Is this a bug or working as intended?

I'm not sure whether it's intended, but I think it's correct. Faster repair should, I feel, require either a colony or an outpost with a construction module.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Arioch wrote:
Chasm wrote:Outposts no longer repair ships left in the same system as them for 1 turn, but they used to. Is this a bug or working as intended?

I'm not sure whether it's intended, but I think it's correct. Faster repair should, I feel, require either a colony or an outpost with a construction module.

It's intended; I changed the underlying mechanic recently. Outposts with fuel depos will expand your range, and outposts with construction modules will give you the ability to instant repair / refit ships. The change went in along with a lot of other Tinkers orbital insertion stuff, so it may now have gotten it's own line in the patch notes (and that's an oversight on my part).

shiantar

Postby shiantar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:41 pm

'Had a game where I selected a galaxy with:

- sparse interstellar distances;
- ring-shaped topology; and
- 10 stars total

Even after researching all technology exhaustively, my empire was restricted to three of the ten stars, and it was (barely) impossible to reach the other side of the galactic ring (even with Warp Lane Amplifiers). Hence, no intergalactic battles, no possibility of a win condition.
Attachments
Haduir Save Isolated.zip
(376.28 KiB) Downloaded 564 times

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:01 pm

In that case then, should suborbital construction unlock a 2nd orbital slot for outposts as well, and should they be able to be built with orbital yards instead of just refueling depot?

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:15 pm

Chasm wrote:In that case then, should suborbital construction unlock a 2nd orbital slot for outposts as well, and should they be able to be built with orbital yards instead of just refueling depot?

You're supposed to be able to do this, but I don't think it's been implemented yet.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:00 am

Another option might be to drop fuel depot to a system slot down from station slot. Then *Improved solar panels* tech would allow you to deploy *construction/fuel depot* outposts.
Last edited by Chasm on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:09 am

Arioch wrote:You're supposed to be able to do this, but I don't think it's been implemented yet.

In the current official build, it's not. If you put anything in the station slot, you get a warning "outpost designs must include a fuel depot".

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 am

Trade ships containing science stations do not contribute to research once assigned to the trade pool

Tried this with Phidi: the idea was to have "Trade ship" design with two cargo holds and a science station instead of shields, so that they can be used as two transport ship in the pool + generate bunch of research in the process

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 am

Phidi Trade Ship design does not change visual when selecting Armor Brigade instead of Cargo Pod like the Transport ship design does

I assume it should as all other designs seem to do it, and the asset is available from the Transport ship design - since both frames are generally identical, I assume it should behave the same way

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 pm

I started a new game as Tinkers and found this at the second star I surveyed:
Tinker Natives.jpg
Tinker Natives.jpg (114.19 KiB) Viewed 18703 times

Shouldn't we recognize each other, particularly since I've come from Dzibix?
ETA: It did become a colony world with 4 mil population when I dropped my first colonizer on it.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:44 pm

AI controlled tinkers will build mobile bases with construction yards (in quantities of 6 +) and just leave them as produced in deep space over their home colony. AI player has many worlds that could use these and that have no orbitals. See game 4890, over Eye of Dzibix.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:Shouldn't we recognize each other, particularly since I've come from Dzibix?

There are custom reports for the Tinkers; they're just not in yet.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Arioch wrote:There are custom reports for the Tinkers; they're just not in yet.

I hope it's not inappropriate for me to step in here.
That looks like the "you found a minor race" screen. Keeping in mind I haven't played the dev builds, are Tinkers still a minor race in the current Legacies pre-release?

(Or what may be more appropriate, do they still have an entry in forced_planets_fun.lua, making a "minor race" colony somewhere in the galaxy, causing this trigger?)

Return to “Testing”