Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
akkamaddi

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:07 am

sven wrote:A hotfix for this one just went out to Steam+GoG galaxy. r21183. (You may need to restart steam to get the update). Please let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

Yep. There's his ugly face, talking back to me. :lol:

Thank you!

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:47 pm

This might be intentional, but shouldn't Ion cannons receive the RF modification as energy weapons?

Thought this would make sense to make them a better choice for damage output when compared with Railgun, but withouth RF mod, the heavy Ion Cannon provides less damage output as well as shorter range

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Space Habitat does not increase the maximum population for the planet and pop cannot be embarked on the station

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:50 pm

zolobolo wrote:Space Habitat does not increase the maximum population for the planet and pop cannot be embarked on the station

An initial version of the space habitat mechanics should now be live on the Steam development branch. (Just finished coding that up a few minutes ago ;) ).

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 am

Apologies for only playing the latest non-development release, 21183, so maybe this has been reported and/or fixed already:

Queue up production on a planet. Save the game. Exit the program. Start the game, load the game, go the planet. No queue is shown.
Try to queue up an item, the queue was clearly saved, because it shows up before your new item, but it was invisible.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:58 am

sven wrote:
zolobolo wrote:Space Habitat does not increase the maximum population for the planet and pop cannot be embarked on the station

An initial version of the space habitat mechanics should now be live on the Steam development branch. (Just finished coding that up a few minutes ago ;) ).

Works like a charm.

I see you took the bumpy road with this one: embarking pop on the base instead of increasing the palent pop capacity.
I guess it seems more easy to do it like this as you do not have to account for the habitat modifiers, but did you consider how this will play into moral related events (rebellions, sabotage), femine and invasions?

Even if you handle these pop the same way that embarked troops and colonists are handled (seperately from planet surface related events, there are still soem questions left that need to be attended for like: what happens with them after colony rebells or switsches ownership?

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:03 pm

bjg wrote:game_4561
A research from the queue ("Deflector Shields" in this case) was discovered from a derelict. The queue stopped after reaching it (asking to choose a research) instead of skipping over and continuing. BTW, some sort of "remove from the queue" functionality would be very useful.

game_4602, version 21377
Confirming this is still happening - note in my save I still have things queued but it thinks the queue is empty from discovering a tech in the queue a few turns back

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Minor issue in latest official release (one with marauder dialog fix), Tarib Dissidents and Tarib Colonists have the same population icon (colonist) when the dissidents outnumber the colonists.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:33 pm

game_4606

Code: Select all

Lua state\@Technology\WeaponMethods.lua:31: attempt to index local '(in)' (a nil value)
Lua state\@Technology\WeaponMethods.lua:31:patch_design:
 Lua state\@Technology\WeaponMethods.lua:61:
  Lua state\Setup\game_io.lua:378:real_load_game:
   Lua state\Setup\game_io.lua:395:
    Lua state\@video_card.lua:118:wait_screen
Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:10: attempt to index local '(in)' (a nil value)
Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:10:do_rollover_sound:
 Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:27:
  Lua state\GUI\@EventDispatcher.lua:351:restore_color.lua:9:
   Lua state\GUI\StartScreen\~StartScreen.lua:216StartScreen.StartScreen :
 :
Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetIcons.lua:735: attempt to call upvalue 'docked_fleet_center' (a nil value)
Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetIcons.lua:735:fleet_screen_position:
 Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetRoutes.lua:11:route_anchor_pos:
  Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetRoutes.lua:305:f:
   Lua state\Orders\view_fleets.lua:448:for_all_view_fleets:
    Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetRoutes.lua:442

Black screen right after loading the game (on "continue"). Ignoring and pressing ESC doesn't help. :(

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 am

v21377

Minor feedback - and it may be WAI, but thought I'd share.
The morale penalty for using Harmonize pretty much takes the fun out of it.
What happened:
- I harmonized some human dissenters (at war with Humanity)
- All the humans + any other races in my empire started rebelling because "I turned alien races to mindless machines" with *huge* morale penalties: -126 morale. Including minor species. And I have already researched most of sociology except race mind. But that's only a +40 morale multiplier.
And all other race civilizations now are furious, even those I haven't harmonized.

So, if you have multiples races, you really only have 3 options:
1) never use harmonize - neg penalties are too much
2) use it on all races you can in 1 turn and be prepared for everyone to declare war on you
3) build a *ton* of tanks on all planets with other species and let them rebel and prepare for war with the other races who you may have previously been friendly

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 am

bjg wrote:Black screen right after loading the game (on "continue"). Ignoring and pressing ESC doesn't help. :(

Sorry for this one bjg. Should be fixed now. (r21388.)

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:10 am

Weird bug. v21398
Queuing Force Beams *automatically* queues Hadron Cohesion...to be researched after Force Beams.
To reproduce, open up tech, queue any tech, then queue force beams and *voila* Hardon Cohesion gets queued to research after Force Beams.
Game_4614

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:54 am

seeing some strange tinker AI behavior. v21398

Noticing a whole fleet of mobile bases traveling between tinker worlds.
Game_4615, look at the fleet approaching Mathyas (Dev Omni on to see the world)

Also looks like they are "bouncing" colony ships off a unowned system, akham, which is guarded by a minor pirate fleet.

halftea

Postby halftea » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:55 pm

This is likely an oversight, but when Marauders are hitting the AI players, it triggers the "Human Pirates attacked us" relations penalty. Which isn't a huge deal to overcome - even as the Human player - but am thinking there should be something to differentiate between Human Pirates and Gremak Marauders.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:33 pm

game_4618

Code: Select all

Lua state\@Technology\tech_queries.lua:143: TECHNOLOGY is missing required field: alias -> nil
Lua state\@Technology\tech_queries.lua:143:Tinkers Forge:
 Lua state\~PartTechPrereqs.lua:8:available_part:Primary Artillery:
  Lua state\~PartTechPrereqs.lua:24:fun:
   Lua state\@@util\@memoize.lua:199:available_part_info:
    Lua state\AI\@PartOrdering.lua:66

Happenned at the beginning of the first "next turn" after load. The "ignore" helped (for now?).

Update:
game_4619
Repeatedly happening at the end of the turn, "ignore" doesn't help (can't finish the turn).

Return to “Testing”