Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:52 pm

bjg wrote:Now it seems like I'm not getting the "slave purchase" penalty for anyone but the main race (Teros). Is that intentional?

Hrm. Thanks for reporting this. And no, it's not intentional. I'm in the midst of reworking many of the low-level morale hooks, so a few bugs are to be expected. Should all be back in working order in a day or two...

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:21 pm

Uploaded "game_1376"

still had the same possessed -Gui vanished , played multi music tracks - then went to normal game play
I went back a day to see if the bug would happen again and it didnt. The only difference this time was no super fast spinning planet orbits from the map screen and no focus on one planet.

SilasOfBorg

Postby SilasOfBorg » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:20 am

Uploaded game 1387.

Had a transport with 1 Tank on it. Invaded a world with it. Put the Tank brigade on the planet.

Now (many turns later) I find I have that same Transport (in Arcusi system) but it can't go back into the pool, because it is carrying "0 Brigades".

What gives? This smells like a bug. It hasn't been carrying any tank brigades for a loooong time. :)

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:23 pm

SilasOfBorg wrote:Uploaded game 1387.
Had a transport with 1 Tank on it. Invaded a world with it. Put the Tank brigade on the planet.
Now (many turns later) I find I have that same Transport (in Arcusi system) but it can't go back into the pool, because it is carrying "0 Brigades".

Confirming. Also the transport is still gray instead of yellow, and you can disembark 0 tanks the next turn. game_1389, Cheleb system.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:18 pm

bjg wrote:
SilasOfBorg wrote:Uploaded game 1387.

Confirming. Also the transport is still gray instead of yellow, and you can disembark 0 tanks the next turn. game_1389, Cheleb system.

Thanks for the reports guys. Should be fixed as of r17488. See also my reply to Chasm.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Than you delete a Market all "external" (in my case slaves related) morale adjustments are being dropped on that planet. Not a big deal for now.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 pm

bjg wrote:Than you delete a Market all "external" (in my case slaves related) morale adjustments are being dropped on that planet. Not a big deal for now.

Would you mind uploading the save where this is happening? Many thanks.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:40 pm

game_1397, but now I don't see slaves related modifiers anywhere. Maybe they've just expired (if they can) - sorry for the false alarm than.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:42 pm

bjg wrote:game_1397, but now I don't see slaves related modifiers anywhere. Maybe they've just expired (if they can) - sorry for the false alarm than.

Thanks for the upload. I've looked through the history, and my impression is that the penalty did indeed expire on it's own. It just happened to happen at about the same time as you were scrapping some markets, so it may have looked like a related effect.

Mal

Postby Mal » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:01 am

Regarding the current steam build, a crash to desktop -- however it appears to be interrupted by your error/log screen. Sent a bug report.

This error is repeatable based on my autosave (every turn).

Sending race population via star gate from origin planet to a destination planet. Some of the same race on the origin planet are dissidents. Appears to be a legitimate move.

Code: Select all

Lua state\Orders\morale_group.lua:107: bad argument #1 to '_G.pairs' (table expected, got nil)
Lua state\Orders\morale_group.lua:107:
 Lua state\Orders\pop_transports.lua:703:
  Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@PlanetTransportMode.lua:351:handle_click:
   Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@MapElement.lua:690:
    Lua state\GUI\new_screen_layout.lua:56
Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@PlanetTransportMode.lua:244: attempt to index field 'src' (a nil value)
Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@PlanetTransportMode.lua:244:
 Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetRoutes.lua:355:active_transport_beam:
  Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@FleetRoutes.lua:430:
   Lua state\@@util\restore_color.lua:70:
    Lua state\@@util\restore_color.lua:77:draw_fleet_routes
Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@PlanetTransportMode.lua:212: attempt to index field 'src' (a nil value)
Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@PlanetTransportMode.lua:212:
 Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@MapElement.lua:657:
  Lua state\GUI\new_screen_layout.lua:56:
   Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\GalaxyMap.lua:767
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:22 pm

There is some error coming up every turn. Seems to be food related. Started after I've agreed to give some food to Yoral (could be coincident though). Error reports 1400, 1402, 1404 (and maybe one more in between).
Update: I thought it's relatively harmless, but it actually breaks the game - ships are not moving (probably because the "end turn" routine ends prematurely).

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:47 pm

bjg wrote:There is some error coming up every turn. Seems to be food related. Started after I've agreed to give some food to Yoral (could be coincident though). Error reports 1400, 1402, 1404 (and maybe one more in between).
Update: I thought it's relatively harmless, but it actually breaks the game - ships are not moving (probably because the "end turn" routine ends prematurely).

I believe this bug should be fixed as of r17747. (It did indeed have to do with the Yoral's food request.) Thanks for the report.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:18 pm

Mal wrote:This error is repeatable based on my autosave (every turn).

Sending race population via star gate from origin planet to a destination planet. Some of the same race on the origin planet are dissidents. Appears to be a legitimate move.

Thanks for the report Mal. I've received your save game, (game id 1401), and I believe I've found a fix for the issue. It should post the Steam with the next patch set.

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:19 pm

Phidi asked to send a colonist to my world. Not sure what it exactly means, but agreeing and choosing a planet triggers an error. 1406,1407.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 pm

bjg wrote:Phidi asked to send a colonist to my world. Not sure what it exactly means, but agreeing and choosing a planet triggers an error. 1406,1407.

Hrm, thanks for the upload. The issue here seems to be that the Phidi have offered to send you colonists, without actually having any colonists to send. In the next patch, they shouldn't make the offer unless they actually do have someone to send.

Return to “Testing”