Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:58 pm

NullVoid wrote:Finally, I am disappointed that the Science Stations don't work when the ship's been assigned to the Trade Pool, but I guess I can live with that. :(

I believe the Phidi are the only faction with a hull that would allow them to implement this strategy -- and if trade ships did keep generating science, I suspect it would make them grossly OP. But if we had more higher-level trade hulls for the other races, it's the kind of thing that might be worth exploring in a balance pass.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Do Science Stations actually generate science? I thought it's not implemented yet. :?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:47 pm

bjg wrote:Do Science Stations actually generate science? I thought it's not implemented yet. :?

Yes. I snuck the feature in in one of last week's patches -- it was bundled with some more significant metal/wrench balance changes ;)

Awaras

Postby Awaras » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:39 am

sven wrote:
bjg wrote:Do Science Stations actually generate science? I thought it's not implemented yet. :?

Yes. I snuck the feature in in one of last week's patches -- it was bundled with some more significant metal/wrench balance changes ;)

The Science Stations blurb says they 'generate science points when performing certain exploration functions'. What does that mean exactly?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Awaras wrote:The Science Stations blurb says they 'generate science points when performing certain exploration functions'. What does that mean exactly?

Our intent, originally, was to have science stations and scanners both behave in more complex ways -- so, for example, you might find a star system that contained some sort of interesting astrophysical anomaly, and if you had ships with science stations, they could then generate science by studying it. We may still do something like that eventually, but, I decided that in the short term, at least, just giving science stations a flat + beakers each turn mechanic was better than leaving them unimplemented.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm

As in the suggestion thread mentioned, I encountered the obsolete "stockpile" message.
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (470.7 KiB) Viewed 20230 times

It wasn't with production as I thought, but actually with research.
Having a colony doing research and having no research project may trigger the message.
Example in game_1029

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 05, 2016 11:57 pm

Build r15431
Screen flickers to black and back when first creating a new galaxy after launching the game

Behavior does not happen again once it has happened. New maps will only cause the behavior the first time after launching from desktop.

Video here. Video is of my primary gaming rig (Win 10 x64, i7-4770, AMD Radeon HD 7850, 16gb). The problem also reproduced on my media PC (Win 8.1 x64, AMD A10-6800K APU, 8gb). The problem produced on both the 32 and 64 bit exectuables.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Thu May 05, 2016 11:58 pm

Build r15431
Disco ball suns continue on Media PC.

Probably already know but throwing it out again anyway. Specs Win 8.1 x64, AMD A10-6800K APU, 8gb. Both binaries.

edited by sven: What's the date stamp on your current AMD drivers? Afaik, all the other AMD machines in the beta have had the suns start rendering properly after a driver update.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri May 06, 2016 12:01 am

mharmless wrote:Screen flickers to black and back when first creating a new galaxy after launching the game[/b]

Would you try testing for this issue on the current 'dev' build (r15437)? There's a similar-ish bug that's been manifesting on Arioch's machine, and I've recently pushed some changes to 'dev' aimed at fixing it. There's a chance they'll fix this issue (and a chance they might make it worse, which would also be good to know ;) ).

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 06, 2016 12:41 am

sven wrote:
mharmless wrote:Screen flickers to black and back when first creating a new galaxy after launching the game[/b]

Would you try testing for this issue on the current 'dev' build (r15437)? There's a similar-ish bug that's been manifesting on Arioch's machine, and I've recently pushed some changes to 'dev' aimed at fixing it. There's a chance they'll fix this issue (and a chance they might make it worse, which would also be good to know ;) ).

Confirmed same behavior with the new build

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Fri May 06, 2016 1:27 am

mharmless wrote:Build r15431
Disco ball suns continue on Media PC.

Probably already know but throwing it out again anyway. Specs Win 8.1 x64, AMD A10-6800K APU, 8gb. Both binaries.

edited by sven: What's the date stamp on your current AMD drivers? Afaik, all the other AMD machines in the beta have had the suns start rendering properly after a driver update.

Took a bit to update the drivers. AMD offers a download page for APUs that includes this one, but turns out it does NOT include the latest display driver. Just all the other parts.

Driver was July 4th, 2014, and is now August 3rd, 2015. The 2015 driver appears to show stars correctly now. Disco fever is sadly over (again).

edited by sven: Good to know it was fixable. Sounds like we should prepare some special docs guiding AMD APU-users towards these updates :) Thanks again.

bevo

Postby bevo » Tue May 17, 2016 9:29 pm

:? FYI...I just uploaded game logs for "game_1032" I was playing an older game (the save says "r15316) so this may be a known issue. Playing as "Human", I had colonized Thuban and had a heavy cruiser there. I initially set production to retrofit the cruiser, but then changed my mind and set it to build a Farm.... and the heavy cruiser disappeared....??? Bevo

SilasOfBorg

Postby SilasOfBorg » Tue May 17, 2016 11:27 pm

Playing r15464, gameplay is smooth as silk. Noticed something which I seems to be a bug. I colonized a Gaia planet with 4 pop worth of Gaiads, who "refuse to work in alien factories". Ok, fine. I have a single Orthin colonist and a single factory on the planet - nothing else - and the help text when I click on the Production icon states:

"Gaia has 1 Factory, which produces 12 Production. The Factory is fully staffed. Building an addtional Factory would increase production by +10 Production."

The Production of the planet is given as 14 Production, 12 for the Factory and 2 for my single Orthin colonist. So the Gaiads aren't contributing directly to my production but they seem to be working the factory, which is in direct contradiction of "refuse to work in alien factories".

Bug? Rework of flavor text? Up to you guys. ;) I have uploaded the logs as "game_1033".

Really enjoying the game so far, and will pick more nits as I find them.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue May 17, 2016 11:30 pm

Population mechanics are in the midst of a rework, so expect some strangeness until that system is in a more complete state.

halftea

Postby halftea » Thu May 19, 2016 9:24 pm

bevo wrote::? FYI...I just uploaded game logs for "game_1032" I was playing an older game (the save says "r15316) so this may be a known issue. Playing as "Human", I had colonized Thuban and had a heavy cruiser there. I initially set production to retrofit the cruiser, but then changed my mind and set it to build a Farm.... and the heavy cruiser disappeared....??? Bevo

Hi Bevo,
If you go back to Thuban, and look at production, you should still see the refit:Heavy Cruiser job listed there. Basically once you start the refit process, it places the ship into a production/drydock mode ( my words, not official verbage) rather than something you can actively deploy, even if you end up switching to another type of production instead.

Return to “Testing”