Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
mharmless

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby mharmless » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Marauders retreating from extinction can create an unkillable 'ghost ship'

Uploaded as "game_788". Hopefully the upload lets you page forward and back.

System Azimir, my fleet just defeated a massive marauder force belonging to "Siver of the Far Reaches". You can see his planet and a single marauder scout cruiser one turn out. That scout cruiser fled the main battle and is returning to the only system belonging to that marauder leader.

Hit the step forward button, the invasion is a success and Azimir flips the to the blood red of Humanity. The scout redirects his retreat course to Regulus.

Page forward to the end of the year, food flips from +10 to -13, because Regulus is blockaded. Confirm on the planets that they are blockaded.

Back up one step, before year end, dispatch a couple of ships to Regulus (Azimir has plenty). End the year, see that no fight happens or is offered.

This scout is an unsinkable remnant from the now-dead marauder faction. Eventually ended up paging backwards to the invasion of Azimir and waiting one turn for the scout to come back home for slaughter.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Right click to invert fleet's ship selection does not work during fleet's encounter ship selection

On the galaxy map you can click on a fleet, select a few ships, and then right click to invert the selection. This does not work during encounters, right click appears to do nothing. I would expect the fleet selection controls to be consistent between both locations.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Ground unit scaling (Maybe just mech) seems off

Here is a mech sharing a world with the yoral, and one with humans. Scale looks good, mech seems to be about the right size.
Mechs with Yoral.PNG
Mechs with Yoral.PNG (207.71 KiB) Viewed 20774 times

Mechs with Humans.PNG
Mechs with Humans.PNG (255.72 KiB) Viewed 20774 times

Once you go above one race on the planet, the mechs start to lose height relative to the way the other populations are scaled:
Mechs with Gremak and Threshers.PNG
Mechs with Gremak and Threshers.PNG (240.55 KiB) Viewed 20774 times

Mechs with Gremak, Threshers, and Humans.PNG
Mechs with Gremak, Threshers, and Humans.PNG (256.97 KiB) Viewed 20774 times

Mechs with Gremak, Threshers, Humans, and Yoral.PNG
Mechs with Gremak, Threshers, Humans, and Yoral.PNG (253.51 KiB) Viewed 20774 times

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Using 'Embark' charm or button on a ship with Assault Shuttles will attempt to load population before armored units.

The embark button next to combat ships that can carry troops will bring up the usual icon for loading colonists, and will not pick up armored units even when they outnumber the actual population on the world.

Armor has to be loaded by using the embark button on the armored unit itself, or the unit must be picked up, hover the picked up unit over the fleet, then mouse over the ship and click to load.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Using 'Embark' charm on an Armored unit will load on to the first empty ship, even if that ship has already been given move orders.

Shipped off some ships for modernization and started trying to load the attack fleet with troops, but then couldn't find them. Took me a while to realize they had been loaded into the outbound ships ahead of the ships still in orbit.

edited by sven: As of r14685, the embark charms should preferentially load colonists/tanks into transports without move orders.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Build r14675 (01/31/16)
Unable to pick up armor units when the only remaining population is under one million people.

Uploaded as "game_790"

Planet Dubhe I has 4 armor brigades and 360,006 Hadur colonists remaining.

Unable to pick up armored units with shift-click.

If you disembark a mech in orbit to Dubhe II, you can use the embark charm on the armor on Dubhe I to send it into orbit.

If you pick up one million Hadur from Dubhe II and move them to Dubhe I, you can once again shift-click on armor to move them.

echo2361

Postby echo2361 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:53 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or not. I agreed to pay a bribe to some Gremak pirates when they showed up over a newly settled colony since I had no defensive ships nearby at the time. So I started losing 8 credits per turn. Eventually I relocated some cruisers and destroyers to protect the colony but the pirates had gone back to their base in the neighboring system.

After exploring the system with a scout ship and the contacting their planet I selected the red X dialogue option, something about their existence no longer being tolerated or something like that. I assumed this option was to stop paying the bribe each turn and declare war, but the bribe remained each subsequent turn, costing me -8 credits each time. Was that the proper mechanism for stopping bribe payments or was I suppose to be doing something else?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:15 pm

echo2361 wrote:After exploring the system with a scout ship and the contacting their planet I selected the red X dialogue option, something about their existence no longer being tolerated or something like that. I assumed this option was to stop paying the bribe each turn and declare war, but the bribe remained each subsequent turn, costing me -8 credits each time. Was that the proper mechanism for stopping bribe payments or was I suppose to be doing something else?

Could you upload this game via the options menu -> upload game logs?

Right now, there are multiple Marauder factions in the game, so, it's possible that the faction you destroyed isn't the same as the one you agreed to bribe. But, it's also possible that there's a bug, and you're paying a bribe to a faction you're now at war with (which should stop the bribe) or a faction that has been destroyed (which should also stop the bribe).

blissauthority

Postby blissauthority » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:40 pm

Very strange bug where the game forced me to build a tank battalion immediately after colonizing a planet, and also claimed that I had not picked anything to build there, even though it was building the tanks and I have queued a factory after it.

Playing as Gremak early game, build r14675. Initially I thought this might be to keep the local slaves in line, but the population point that had settled there was a million Gremak.

The turn afterwards, everything was working as I'd otherwise expect: the planet was one tank battalion richer and was currently working on the factory.

Unfortunately I don't have a data dump as I was playing offline.

echo2361

Postby echo2361 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:03 am

sven wrote:Could you upload this game via the options menu -> upload game logs?

Right now, there are multiple Marauder factions in the game, so, it's possible that the faction you destroyed isn't the same as the one you agreed to bribe. But, it's also possible that there's a bug, and you're paying a bribe to a faction you're now at war with (which should stop the bribe) or a faction that has been destroyed (which should also stop the bribe).

Done. I uploaded "game_800" as a save featuring pirates I declared war on still getting a bribe of -8 credits per turn. It is definitely the same pirates who I initially paid tribute too because I watched them fly directly back to their base just one star over from mine after accepting the bribe.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Just discovered a system - already inhabitable (colonized) by AI player, but found two "derelicts" there. Is this a bug?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:16 pm

bjg wrote:Just discovered a system - already inhabitable (colonized) by AI player, but found two "derelicts" there. Is this a bug?

Maybe :) Would you upload your game logs (via the options pane). And tell me which system this happened in?

Many thanks.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Done. It was the "Sargas", I think.
The uploaded game is couple turns ahead, but I have the save if needed.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:05 am

It is possible to queue more than two shipyards. Wandering what happens after the second is built.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:03 pm

bjg wrote:It is possible to queue more than two shipyards. Wandering what happens after the second is built.

Right now, this is working as intended. I believe the second shipyard will give you an even larger ship production discount on the world where you build it -- so doubling up can actually be a sound strategy.

Return to “Testing”