Slavery and morale?

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

Slavery and morale?

Postby nweismuller » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:22 pm

The development changelog says the first implementation of slavery and morale is in, but poking around in the informational links in-game, I can't find any details on how that works and don't see anything obviously different yet. Can we get a rundown of what's actually changed?

E: while I'm at it, what's the intended purpose for Phidi Tradeships? They have over twice the cost in industry and metal for twice the capacity of standard transports, which seems to make them totally cost-ineffective for trade.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Slavery and morale?

Postby sven » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:09 pm

nweismuller wrote:The development changelog says the first implementation of slavery and morale is in, but poking around in the informational links in-game, I can't find any details on how that works and don't see anything obviously different yet. Can we get a rundown of what's actually changed?

Right now, slavery and morale are on 'dev'. They'll migrate to 'stable' as soon as they're 'stable', and when they do, I'll write a post summarizing the new rules :)

while I'm at it, what's the intended purpose for Phidi Tradeships? They have over twice the cost in industry and metal for twice the capacity of standard transports, which seems to make them totally cost-ineffective for trade.

The Phidi tradeships are badly in need of re-balancing. The idea is to give the Phidi a useful upgrade over their initial transport, but, right now, as you say, the numbers are not working. They need to be cheaper, at the very least.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Ah, I missed that was a dev build. Hah, no wonder I wasn't seeing anything. Thanks for the response, and thanks for your work! Looking forward to further development on the game. As long as I'm asking questions, I'm curious to hear what the tech tree flavor for 'Market Theory' and 'Bionomics' is planned to be, and looking forward to help text for markets and trade capacity being added to the game.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:47 am

nweismuller wrote:As long as I'm asking questions, I'm curious to hear what the tech tree flavor for 'Market Theory' and 'Bionomics' is planned to be, and looking forward to help text for markets and trade capacity being added to the game.

I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out. :D

I need to fill in the missing descriptions sometime soon, so that shouldn't be too long from now.

Return to “Testing”