Farming / Food Changes

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Arioch

Re: Farming / Food Changes

Postby Arioch » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Chasm wrote:Or is the minimum to pull population off a world 2 mil (ie at least 1 million need to be left on the world for population to be pulled from it?)

I think this should be the requirement, since otherwise this would mean effectively abandoning the planet, which you're not allowed to do.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Arioch wrote:
Chasm wrote:Or is the minimum to pull population off a world 2 mil (ie at least 1 million need to be left on the world for population to be pulled from it?)

I think this should be the requirement, since otherwise this would mean effectively abandoning the planet, which you're not allowed to do.

In the current implementation, (r18451) the specific rule is colonist race pop >=1, total planet pop >=2. So, in a case where you have 1.1 teros and 2.0 scavengers, the teros would autoload, leaving you with 0.1 teros and 2.0 scavengers on the planet.

It's worth noting that the autoload colonist rules are exempted from the normal "round down" rules, so you will be left with a small fractional teros population in this case. I'm not certain that's actually a great outcome though. Increasing the autoload requirement to colonist race >= 2 is perhaps reasonable. I'll stick that change into the next patch.

edited by sven: As of r18453 colony ship auto-loading now requires that the colonist race pop be at least 2. However, colony base initialization is still using the older, somewhat more complex and nuanced rules. I think that's ok.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Colony bases are doing a 1/2 population to each location . IE 1.5 million goes to .75 million to each base and that works perfectly fine imo.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Colony bases can't be endlessly spammed, so it doesn't really matter if they give you free fractions of a colonist.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 am

Its not giving free anything. Its halving base population of the parent colony, if the parent has a population of less then 2, and giving half to each. Makes sense to me.

Return to “Testing”