Loving the new sound effects, not liking the event priority popups.

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
evil713

Loving the new sound effects, not liking the event priority popups.

Postby evil713 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:06 am

the new sound is amazing, weapons sound good and the random note end of turn dong is great.

however I am noticing that when building transports and assigning them to the trade pool a message popup interrupts me every time I pop one over.

I generally build these ships in lots and click them all when they are done, but having to click back every time that happens is annoying, its adding unnecessary clicks.

evil713

Re: Loving the new sound effects, not liking the event priority popups.

Postby evil713 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:00 am

aww ran out of sound effects. bummer.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:30 pm

There are more sound effects on the way. :D

evil713 wrote:however I am noticing that when building transports and assigning them to the trade pool a message popup interrupts me every time I pop one over.

I generally build these ships in lots and click them all when they are done, but having to click back every time that happens is annoying, its adding unnecessary clicks.

That's not new, nor are you the first to complain about it.

Perhaps the notification should appear only the first time in a playthrough that you send transports to the trading pool.

SilasOfBorg

Postby SilasOfBorg » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:17 am

I left SiS alone for a while after I built my new machine, but reinstalled it this evening and boy oh boy.

Sounds! Music!

Both are fantastic. The music really sets a nice mood, and the sound effects I've heard so far are crisp and absolutely seem "in character" for the game (I am not an audiophile and can't explain it any better).

Awesome job guys!

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:59 am

Glad you like them!

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:17 pm

evil713 wrote:I generally build these ships in lots and click them all when they are done, but having to click back every time that happens is annoying, its adding unnecessary clicks.

Arioch wrote:Perhaps the notification should appear only the first time in a playthrough that you send transports to the trading pool.

I'm giving this approach a try in the the latest build (r16409). The first time a player sends ships to the trade pool, they'll get the event notification, but, forever after, they'll not see it. (The notification will still appear in their report list, it just won't be instantly selected.)

Return to “Testing”