Things learned 2 2 15

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
bcasner

Things learned 2 2 15

Postby bcasner » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 pm

To advance game turns --- click on the + button next to the date to update turns

To choose Research items --- click on the Check symbol of the item wanted. (I like the research set up, you can see how your choices lead to specific technologies and items. A big draw.

Was able to get the transport to start trade up between my colony and planet by choosing the selection on the transport picture

Was able to set my main planets construction focus to a Colony Ship by going to the planet window and selecting it, left unattended it builds factories and labs.

Items still obscure: Still trying to figure out how to get the Scout Cruiser to go to other stars. Tried Right clking on ship and then the individual nearby stars without success. Tried dragging. Tried Left clking and go to screen of ship every time. Looked for button on ship picture, no success. Tried saying "please" - no success.

mharmless

Re: Things learned 2 2 15

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:15 pm

In the fleet view ships have normal and faded out look. Right clicking toggles faded or not. Click till the ones you want to move are only ones not faded, then hit the move button on left hand side, then move the mouse up top and point at the system to go to. There will be a thin line from where you are to where you're trying to go. This line will be a dark grey if the move is too far for your current tech/ship. It will be green if you can do it. Then left click, away you go.

At least, that's how it worked for me last night.

bcasner

Postby bcasner » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Ha, another thing I just learned was to read all the other posts before doing mine. :D Thanks mharmless!

bcasner

Postby bcasner » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:54 am

Thing learned 2 4 15

A suggestion -- when doing the planet models the Giant planet visual is good, the Medium is okay although large and the Small planet visual is much too big. I'd suggest you lower visual image to about half the size of the giant to get the right image.

Crashed after first battle, selected retreat and the Marauder vessel still blew me up. Sent error report.

Things tried -- paid off developing factory -- worked fine, Scout vessel to 3 star systems --first had an alien presence that declared war on me immediately --second had alien presence as well --third had marauder which blew me up, checked status of developing colony ship and colony/home planet status --worked fine.

Return to “Testing”