Re: Sharing pre-release content

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:24 am

As we say in the installer's licence file, for the time being, we're asking that you guys refrain from sharing this build with your friends, or publicly posting screenshots, youtube videos, etc.

Things are still more than a little rough around the edges, and we'd like more time to polish the game before sharing it with a wider audience.

Feedback and constructive criticism of all types are very welcome, of course, but for the next few weeks at least, we're asking that you deliver said feedback via this private forum.

(As the beta testing group grows, I doubt we could stop people from sharing content even if we wanted to, but, with such a small group, I'm hoping we can keep things private.)

Big Imp

Re: Sharing pre-release content (please don't)

Postby Big Imp » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Off course. I wouldn't dream of sharing it without you saying it is OK to do it. Keep up the good work
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

sven
Site Admin

Re: Sharing pre-release content (please don't)

Postby sven » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:43 am

sven wrote:As we say in the installer's licence file, for the time being, we're asking that you guys refrain from publicly posting screenshots, youtube videos, etc.

I think we can now officially reverse this policy :)

The beta build has been steadily improving for months now, and it's progressed to the point where publicly sharing screenshots or videos is something we'd like to encourage.

(The installer's license file has also been updated accordingly.)

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Didn't see this until now, but I'd like to see diplomacy before I start making videos. How far out is that?

I might make a short 30-minute video before that (likely tonight) and post it on the site, but anything more will likely wait until all the features are in and waiting for polish and balance.
http://www.eXplorminate.co - A 4X Gaming Community

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Devildogff wrote:Didn't see this until now, but I'd like to see diplomacy before I start making videos. How far out is that?

My current plan is for diplomacy to be the last big feature prior to release. You'll see mines, farms, morale, and a revamped ground combat system before it goes in. So, it's still a ways off.

evil713

Postby evil713 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:15 am

sven wrote:
Devildogff wrote:Didn't see this until now, but I'd like to see diplomacy before I start making videos. How far out is that?

My current plan is for diplomacy to be the last big feature prior to release. You'll see mines, farms, morale, and a revamped ground combat system before it goes in. So, it's still a ways off.

it be nice to just get some icons at the top of the galaxy map showing who I am at war with, coming back to a save after doing some things makes the memory fuzzy

Zaskow

Postby Zaskow » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:15 am

No problems here. Sadly, not a lot of people knows about this game. :(

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:12 pm

sven wrote:

I personally think that is a mistake as I believe that diplomacy is integral to the 4X experience and playing the game as a war game right now gets a bit tiring. That may be fun for others, but most of what I enjoy, and what I know OTHERS enjoy, is that interaction with other aliens, even if it is a lot of agressive discussion and peace making. Plus, implementing it sooner and ensuring you get feedback on it sounds like a better plan to me.

Just my opinion, of course. It is entirely not my game. Just thought I'd give feedback here...
http://www.eXplorminate.co - A 4X Gaming Community

echo2361

Postby echo2361 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeah. I've got to agree with DD here. For me, constant war can be quite tiring. I can usually play a game for a couple hours, but then the need to constantly be at war leads me to giving up on the game

When the other features like a more in-depth economy are implemented I'll be sure to give the game another shot, but for right now with no diplomacy it is hard to play through on a constant war footing.

Return to “Testing”