SiS Updater and Installer

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
User avatar
Arioch
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby Arioch » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Railguns were absurdly overpowered for a long time... twice the base damage of any weapon in the same tier, long range, plus shield piercing. There was no reason to use any other heavy weapon.

zolobolo wrote:So, can someone coming from Steam update to the latest build somehow?
Is the updater client somewhere here on the forum, or only available via a site where the game was available before the steam release?

(just itching to get the latest balance updates :))

If you still have any of the old build on your system, running update.exe should bring you up to date. If not, shoot Sven an email and ask for a download link. There's also a test build on Steam; I'll shoot you a password and instructions.

zolobolo
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Arioch wrote:If you still have any of the old build on your system, running update.exe should bring you up to date. If not, shoot Sven an email and ask for a download link. There's also a test build on Steam; I'll shoot you a password and instructions.


No update.exe, guess I am state of the art :)

Steam Beta worked like a charm though

bjg
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby bjg » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 pm

There is 21014 stable announced, but only 21011 available (just a few minutes ago have tried to run update.exe).

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby sven » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:07 pm

bjg wrote:There is 21014 stable announced, but only 21011 available (just a few minutes ago have tried to run update.exe).


oops. should be fixed now.

zakblood
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby zakblood » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm

working for me r21014 on steam

rhinoinsomniac
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby rhinoinsomniac » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:56 am

can anyone play the indev build? i have the steam version and i see no way to opt into the beta other than if i had a password. i suppose then that the testing branch is meant to be limited to people who will definitely give feedback on the changes and any bugs they encounter

User avatar
Arioch
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am
Location: San Jose, California
Contact:

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby Arioch » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 am

rhinoinsomniac wrote:can anyone play the indev build? i have the steam version and i see no way to opt into the beta other than if i had a password. i suppose then that the testing branch is meant to be limited to people who will definitely give feedback on the changes and any bugs they encounter

The code for the testing branch is "alphatesting".

User avatar
sven
Site Admin
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby sven » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Arioch wrote:The code for the testing branch is "alphatesting".


It may be worth noting that the same code can theoretically also be used by GoG users to get access to the current 'in_development builds' via GoG Galaxy's SETTINGS->BETAS CHANNELS panel -- I don't update the GoG test build as often as I do the Steam test build though.

rhinoinsomniac
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby rhinoinsomniac » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:30 am

thanks. i've been playing this game for a while now (i think it was still in early access when i bought it) and it's improved every update imo. i'm glad to read that y'all are still working on it. i never review stuff but i think i'll review this product. was just on a MoO2 binge and this game definitely scratches the same itch

bjg
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby bjg » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 pm

The updater thinks I've modified a file:
warning, looks we have a user moddified file,
PrebuiltArt/Ships/HawkOutpost/docking_module/pyramids/classic_black/2.png
attempting patch...

bjg
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby bjg » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:03 pm

I've got some upgrade (or rather a fix) to an old XP computer. Tried to install the SiS:
updater modtime: 2015-09-10 15:25:36.000
running on 2022-07-18 10:39:23.140
updater\connect_to_server.lua:141: timeout
updater\connect_to_server.lua:141:connect_to_server:
updater\client_update.lua:511:
updater\client_update.lua:563:update_client:
updater\start.lua:324

Is this because the server is down or because the installer is very old?

rustyi
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:36 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: SiS Updater and Installer

Postby rustyi » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:50 am

bjg wrote:I've got some upgrade (or rather a fix) to an old XP computer. Tried to install the SiS:
updater modtime: 2015-09-10 15:25:36.000
running on 2022-07-18 10:39:23.140
updater\connect_to_server.lua:141: timeout
updater\connect_to_server.lua:141:connect_to_server:
updater\client_update.lua:511:
updater\client_update.lua:563:update_client:
updater\start.lua:324

Is this because the server is down or because the installer is very old?


Same -hadn't played in a bit and was hoping there were some updates on Dev... but can't connect, even with elevated admin permissions. :(


Return to “Testing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

cron