Suggest - Features and Improvements

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.

Moderator: luciderous

zolobolo

Re: Suggest - Features and Improvements

Postby zolobolo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:54 pm

What id the Galactic Council screen would show the pre-requirements of an empire voting for the player and their status e.g:
Allied: Green Tick
Higher Pop: Green Tick
Stronger Military: Red Cross

This way it would be obvious for players what the conditions of a vote are, as well as their status visible in a single screen for all factions.
Especially usefull for players who did not follow the change log and forum closel. The flavor text within the speach boubles does not need update. Also reduces clicks for players who already know what the conditions are

The player does need to look into the praphs screen to find out by how much their pop or military is lacking compared to their ally and admittedly would take away some of the mistery and exploration from diplomacy but might be worth for the elegance and functionality of it

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:19 pm

zolobolo wrote:would take away some of the mistery and exploration from diplomacy

This.

Noyyau

Postby Noyyau » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:16 pm

In diplomacy, could we have the option to ask someone to declare war on someone else?
With basic checks for "high enough relationship with me" and "low enough relationship with the target", a comparison between the potential ally's and the target's military might (possibly also population/industrial capacity/tech ?), an Influence cost and maybe a money or metal cost as well (perhaps if relationships aren't that friendly but not under the "help" threshold).
And if you worry about this being possibly abused too much, also a condition that the player must already be at war with the target. Or a softer limit, with highly increased costs if the player is not at war with the target, and maybe even a discount if the player is the one being attacked (or if the target is much weaker).
It's annoying that the AI often asks me to attack someone else (who they might not even be at war with yet), without offering any incentive, and the time I'm being invaded, I don't even have the chance to ask for help.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Noyyau wrote:In diplomacy, could we have the option to ask someone to declare war on someone else?

I've put this on our suggestions list. But in the game currently you can do it indirectly. If you have sufficient reputation and influence, you can make an alliance, and your new ally should automatically declare war on your enemy.

Return to “Testing”